The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Alcohol

jazz1

As I have grown older I find myself drinking more, very strange! I still go gym to keep fit, but I tend to find the urge to drink daily In Moderation! I guess since it helped with my alopecia areata from stress I enjoy drinking now:), feeling high is soooooo great.

Who here drinks regular? :D

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it's mostly Desperado to start then into pints of Stella and moving onto Morgan's and coke and some tequila. I don't really have a posh pallet for wines or ales. What I drink is fairly limited as these are the only things that don't turn me into a nutter. I have quite a good night drinking this combo. Don't drink a lot though maybe once a month.

Ahhhh beeeeer :)

Grolsch is my number 1 at the moment, it's a really strong tasting hoppy lager so it may be a bit much for you just now. To get you moving in that direction you should start off with a similar but lighter tasting, less hoppy brew, such as Peroni (my second favourite lager at the moment) or Stella (Stella 4 is a little more refined and lovely). As already mentioned San Miguel is a nice beer, it's another rich tasting slightly more hoppy lager than the norm though, and it's actually fairly heavy for a lager so you may notice it in your little tummy.

Budweiser is OK, but nothing startling. It has a very defined caramel flavour so I'm guessing it's more the sweetness of it that you're getting used to. To ween you off that sort of lager try something a little more tasteless like Carling. That stuff is awful (like water) but it sells by the olympic swimming pool load in England and is fairly cheap to buy. That should cleanse your palate enough to be able to activate your tastebuds with a properly nice lager.

A surprisingly refreshing lager is actually Tennents. That's the Scottish equivalent of Carling in England but it's a much better beer IMO. It can be a little dry and harsh if you're not used to it, but it makes for a brilliant session lager as it's only 4%. Add into that the fact that most places sell it extra cold makes it even less offensive to the palate as you can barely taste it lol.

As for ale, I have some new found loves. Unfortunately they are all homebrew as I only JUST came out my shell and started being more adventurous with what I drink. IPA is my new found love, a stunning blend of ridiculous hops and ridiculous flavour. IPA was developed during the war in order to be able to ship beer to India. It wouldn't survive the trip unless it was ridiculously strong and full of hops. This brought about the IPA (Indian Pale Ale). Nowadays its a bit less daunting to drink unless you go to festivals or try your craft IPAs. They are all generally around the 5-6% mark so you can have a few bottles without passing out. In order to get you into this style of beer you would want ot start off with caesar and augustus. This is a lager/IPA hybrid and it absolutely blew my socks off a few months ago, it's a STUNNING beer. Just about anything by the Williams brothers is though.

For cider, you want to try Westons. The best one for me is Westons Perry, it's just ridiculously good. 7.4% though, IIRC, so watch yourself with this one.

So many beers, so little internet.

I do like a good drink, big whiskey fan, but not a particularly fussy drinker, I will drink pretty much anything put in front of me, I just don’t like thicker spirits such as baileys

I'll have a few drinks at home on occasion during the week if I’ve had a rough shift at work say, normally a glass or two from a bottle of Johnnie Walker, which label ranges on how flush I’m feeling the week before, ranges from red to blue label or Bushmills or similar, I'll never buy say grants or bells for home

Few pints at the weekly pub quizz also

But for a casual drink with my mates on a Friday night, I’ll get a bottle of Jameson’s or honey JD and a few bottles of Peronei or something similar, but for a night on the town anything goes, start off with Whiskey or something then where ever the night takes me.