The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Passengers Side Automatic Window

SupraP-Z

So on the drivers side window, you can hold the window switch to go up or down, or you can push it further and let it click which automatically puts the window all the way up or down. Can this be done on the passengers side switch? also the drivers side passenger control panel?

What is needed for this to work?

Nope it's not.

The switches/ modules are different.

Drivers side has 6 legs and the passenger side 5

I tried 3 different units and permutations to try to get it to work, plus I wanted the light.

Gave up so got heckler to do the light for me lol

However on my last supra, the alarm system used auto window closure and opening so my passenger window was automatic from the switch which was weird.

Nope it's not.

The switches/ modules are different.

Drivers side has 6 legs and the passenger side 5

I tried 3 different units and permutations to try to get it to work, plus I wanted the light.

Gave up so got heckler to do the light for me lol

However on my last supra, the alarm system used auto window closure and opening so my passenger window was automatic from the switch which was weird.

Ah I see, you wouldn't happen to know what the different legs do, would you? Im guessing, 2 for the light, 2 for the switch? That would leave 2 legs...I need to have a look and see.

That is odd, wonder what caused it to be automatic? Pretty much what im looking for really. The passenger side switch on drivers side control panel doesn't do that 'click', its just up or down if you get what I mean...

Ah I see, you wouldn't happen to know what the different legs do, would you? Im guessing, 2 for the light, 2 for the switch? That would leave 2 legs...I need to have a look and see.

That is odd, wonder what caused it to be automatic? Pretty much what im looking for really. The passenger side switch on drivers side control panel doesn't do that 'click', its just up or down if you get what I mean...

I'm not too sure.

Don't really have the understanding to plug it into a co outer to find out.

However, not only does it have different legs, the actual part is different, the drivers side is a 4 position selector switch, that click is an extra position.

And the light is actually powered from the board and not the switch.

Every attempt I made, blew the weird fuse under the dash, I only managed to get 3 more spare so ran out of attempts.

It is something I do plan on making.

Can't remember if I spoke to heckler about it either.

• 8 months later...