The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whifbitz front bumper

Homer

Does anyone near the Reading / Thames Valley area have a car with a whifbitz front bumper I can take a look at?

I'm torn between the Do-Luck (copy) and the Whifbitz; both look very good on pictures but after seeing a do-luck (copy!) I'm a bit concerned over the quality of the fitment. I'd really like to see if the whifbitz is any better looking after fitting...

Cheers :thumbs:

Neil, I have some pictures of your car with the do-luck front, to be honest they were some of the ones that convenced me I wanted that front :)

The fitting looked great, but it didn't seem so good on the copies I've seen. Where did you get it from? PM if you prefer.

Does anyone near the Reading / Thames Valley area have a car with a whifbitz front bumper I can take a look at?

I'm torn between the Do-Luck (copy) and the Whifbitz; both look very good on pictures but after seeing a do-luck (copy!) I'm a bit concerned over the quality of the fitment. I'd really like to see if the whifbitz is any better looking after fitting...

Cheers :thumbs:

Mine is a D0-Luck copy and the fit is ace! :thumbs:

Col, your car looks great but to be fair yours has the wide arches and hides the (apparent) poor fit from the front bumper to the front wheel arch. That is the only area of the bumper that seemed to be a bad fit.

I'd still really like a look at the whifbitz front to see how it compares...

Go original - I had a Do Luck on my Supe and the fit was bleeding superb, and it looked the nuts
Your car did look very good but do you know it was an original Do Luck? The bumper was on the car when you got it, IIRC. (Not picking a fight Neil, it's an honest question)

I've seen a few Do-Luck and Whifbitz bumpers IRL and they both look great. Personally I prefer the look of the Whifbitz one. SimonB's and Ash Willis' car both looked fantastic with the Whifbitz bumper. It's a bit low though, that's why Ash got rid of his, iirc

Tough choice.

I've got to admit, the first supra 'look' I truly fell I love with was the black one owned by Paul Whiffin. I always wanted the whifbitz but several people have told me the quality of the bumper is very "variable" (guess its dependant on who makes it), but that the do-luck copies from 'a reputable supplier' are far better. I've seen the copies of the do-luck now and they look very good apart from the fit from the edge of the front bumper to the front wing.

BTW I thought Ashley had a Veilside then switched to a Bomex? Can’t understand why anyone would go from a whifbitz front to a Bomex!! - although I admit Ashley’s car did look very nice last time I saw it ;-)

I thought Ashley had a Veilside then switched to a Bomex? Can’t understand why anyone would go from a whifbitz front to a Bomex!!

I guess he got pissed off with keep scraping the bumper. This is his old bumper, looks great doesn't it? But notice the duct tape where he'd scraped it

747.jpeg

I would recommend the Do-Luck for looks definately but I would go for the original if I were to get one again! The copy was a pain to fit as it is designed to go with the Do-Luck wider front wings apparently. The copy isnt the best quality either IMO. Saying that I still wouldn't choose another bumper over it for looks. :love:

Neil, I have some pictures of your car with the do-luck front, to be honest they were some of the ones that convenced me I wanted that front :)

The fitting looked great, but it didn't seem so good on the copies I've seen. Where did you get it from? PM if you prefer.

:D:D

As Jake said, my car came over with it on!

Jake - its original in that I've seen one off the car that was original and it was identical!!!! Guess it could still be a Jap copy, but if it was its the best copy I've ever seen!! :)

Col, your car looks great but to be fair yours has the wide arches and hides the (apparent) poor fit from the front bumper to the front wheel arch. That is the only area of the bumper that seemed to be a bad fit.

I'd still really like a look at the whifbitz front to see how it compares...

These are not a 'bad fit' m8

It has that extra bit because the originals were designed to go with the do-luck overfenders :eyebrows:

I have scraped my whifbitz front, but I couldn't say how low it is in comparison to others. Perhaps you can judge from the attached pic?

That colour is still looking sweet mate! :)

I must admit I did scrape my do luck front on standard jspec sus, though it never really showed much at all!

• 2 weeks later...
I've got to admit, the first supra 'look' I truly fell I love with was the black one owned by Paul Whiffin. I always wanted the whifbitz but several people have told me the quality of the bumper is very "variable" (guess its dependant on who makes it), but that the do-luck copies from 'a reputable supplier' are far better. I've seen the copies of the do-luck now and they look very good apart from the fit from the edge of the front bumper to the front wing.

Hi mate, depends who you speak to on this subject and who is fitting the bumper, these are made by Whifbitz and know one else as far as I know, hope there isn't anyone else doing them!

I know of certain people on this list(not going to name names but they know who they are) who reckon my bumpers dont fit, really strange that as I have a perfect fitting one on my car, my bodyshop fitted one on a car last week and fitted perfectly, blah blah. Depends on who you want to believe and who is trying to sell you something they cant get there hands on.

Let me know if you want to own the best looking Supra bumper on the market!

Cheers

Paul

Hi mate, depends who you speak to on this subject and who is fitting the bumper, these are made by Whifbitz and know one else as far as I know, hope there isn't anyone else doing them!

I know of certain people on this list(not going to name names but they know who they are) who reckon my bumpers dont fit, really strange that as I have a perfect fitting one on my car, my bodyshop fitted one on a car last week and fitted perfectly, blah blah. Depends on who you want to believe and who is trying to sell you something they cant get there hands on.

Let me know if you want to own the best looking Supra bumper on the market!

Cheers

Paul

Mine fits absolutely fine, as far as I know the bodyshop had no particular trouble with it. On stock suspension it's fine over speed bumps, the ground clearance is about the height of a curb. Where you have trouble is when there's a change in gradient because of the overhang over the front wheels. I scraped it a bit the other day going into a car park up a slope. One disadvantage is that the front undertray no longer fits. I've been fabricating one out of sheet aluminium which will sort that out. The main reason I bought one is that I wanted a bumper with a big hole to get air to my FMIC (not much point in having one with a stock bumper, half of it isn't exposed), and it looks nice and simple and unfussy. I love the look of it now though.

Now he tells me! I've spent ages with bits of cardboard and cutting sheet aluminium now! It just needs a bit of trimming and holes drilling etc. I'll see how I go with it - might take you up on a fibreglass one. I presume it goes from the rear mounting points of the standard one to the inside lip of the bottom of the front bumper?

On stock suspension it's fine over speed bumps, the ground clearance is about the height of a curb. Where you have trouble is when there's a change in gradient because of the overhang over the front wheels. I scraped it a bit the other day going into a car park up a slope.

Yep, have to agree with that. Mine goes fine over speed bumps, but multi-storey ramps catch it out.

I agree about the nice, simple lines as well - I really like the look of it.

Yeah I think so, I haven't fitted mine yet so wont know for sure until then. I'll be doing that when my car comes out the bodyshop.

Cheers

Now he tells me! I've spent ages with bits of cardboard and cutting sheet aluminium now! It just needs a bit of trimming and holes drilling etc. I'll see how I go with it - might take you up on a fibreglass one. I presume it goes from the rear mounting points of the standard one to the inside lip of the bottom of the front bumper?