The mkiv Supra Owners Club

LED licence plate lamps

Chris6t9

Wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction to where I can find some proper LED rear number plate lamps for the supra.

My friend got a set of these for his GTI and they look oem and spot on, so i have been looking for a set for the supe

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-Number-License-Plate-Light-Lamp-fit-VW-GOLF-MK4-MK5-MK6-Passat-CC-Scirocco-/271219982418?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

I dont have the genuine lamps either (car came without) so cant just replace the bumbs either!

led wedge bulbs , I have in mine , fairly crap

I did see somewhere on Japan Yahoo auctions a few years back a Line of LEDS with an OEM plug on the end like the ones you have there on Ebay

Ideally thats what im after but trying to find some is another thing!

Is there anyone on here that could possibly retro fit led's to a oem unit tho do you think? Would much prefer it over changing the bulbs!

W5w 501 LEDS are a straight swap into the OEM unit

but if you want a strip of leds like the Golf , you will need to get them made up on a PCB board with a 501 fitting , I am sure Heckler can do it

W5w 501 LEDS are a straight swap into the OEM unit

but if you want a strip of leds like the Golf , you will need to get them made up on a PCB board with a 501 fitting , I am sure Heckler can do it

Thanks mate ill give him a message, if not i guess it will have to be the LED bulbs!