The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Uprated Front And Rear Windscreen Seals. A Must Have.

a98pmalcolm

Well this us a late update... I just haven't got around to posting this.

This time last year I saw a simple, small mod on a Supra and I just had to get to get it done..

What it is, is Ford front and read windscreen seals.. It may sound like a not needed or pathetic upgrade but they looks soooooo much better as there bigger than the Supra ones.. Also with the rear its just one long seal rather than 2 or 3 different parts..

What I liked the most is it covered a small but of rust under the paint, a small bit of paint peel and as I have a heated windscreen it covered the gap between the rood were the windscreen is a little to short..

The people that can do it are A1 autoscreens stewartby for £150... Great job, and a great price...

And some pics for you all :)

Thanks

Paul

They look good I have similar type but removed them recently for respray and will be placing them with originals As I didn't like the look. The good thing about these type is after a wash you can give slight lift easily to clean the water.

They look good I have similar type but removed them recently for respray and will be placing them with originals As I didn't like the look. The good thing about these type is after a wash you can give slight lift easily to clean the water.

If water needs to be dried from behind the seals, it'll soon be suffering from steel maggots.

This is very common with UK windscreen fitters, especially if it's an insurance job. Stock seal kits are very costly, so they tend to use "something else" that kind of fits. With Skylines they love to use VW Transporter seals. If they stay flat, and don't lift or wrinkle, great. In theory, if you have screen cover, you can probably insist on OE seals being used, but no doubt there may be some small print somewhere ;)

Few things guys.

I had no intent of covering the small under paint rust and paint lift. After I got these fitted it just covered it. Didn't realise they would. These seals are very tight against the body and no water seems to get through. And it really is a small bit of under paint rust..

I also had these seals fitted about a year after the heated screen was fitted with a new genuine supra seal.

The reason for me to get these is i saw them on another supra and thought they looked nice. The paint lift and very small rust cover was just an added bonus. Along with the top of the screen having no gap there now :)

Edited by a98pmalcolm (see edit history)

I didn't know you could get a heated Supra screen. Thought it was patented by Ford...

They were custom made by whifbitz as a group buy a few years ago.

As for the seals, they look big and too thick IMO, stock ones are fine.