The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1993 Supra TT import

Guest suprarich

Guest suprarich

hello everybody, i have just bought a 1993 light blue metallic Supra Auto TT import. now ive heard alot of things bout the differences between the imports and the UK models. obviously brakes, glass/plastic headlamp covers etc but i was wonderin what HP are the imports rated at because i know they have smaller turbos, are they 325 or 280, im beggining to think there 280 cos i sold a 260bhp subaru to buy my supra n it didnt feel much slower than my new TT. horsepower please! thanks

Guest suprarich

bloodyhell, thats complicated stuff through that link, still unsure of my bhp until i go to prosport in stockprot n get it dyno'd. mine is restricted as well to 112mph n its in 4th gear on 6000 revs, how does takin the delimiter off make these cars do 155mph when its redlining in 4th (AUTO) at 112mph? yes its had a full re-sray in japan, no pics yet, there comin soon tho.

bloodyhell, thats complicated stuff through that link, still unsure of my bhp
Sorry, we get asked this question several times a week. Basically all cars made in Japan in the 90's that were over 280bhp were quoted as being 280bhp. This was due to an agreement between the manufacturers. Take a look at Skylines, high spec Imprezzas, etc and you'll see that they were all sold as being 280bhp.

If you put a standard Supa TT on a Dyno you'll usually see it make somewhere between 300 and 320bhp. Obviously it varies from car to car and dyno to dyno.

OK?

Guest suprarich

thankyou guys, i tested the 4th gear thing out and you have to get to 112mph (180kph) without kickdown in order for it to go into 4th gear. now has anyone used this piece of kit on ebay? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10428&item=4520224515&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

does this do what the more expensice chips that are advertised do? how wud i fit this mother f cu k er???? cheers! anyone had any experience of it?

does this do what the more expensice chips that are advertised do? how wud i fit this mother f cu k er???? cheers! anyone had any experience of it?
Yeah, I bought one of those cheap ones when I got my first Supra. It was nothing but trouble and the instructions were also incorrect. Peter Betts from Thor Racing helped me to get it working (even though he doesn't sell the cheap crap ones).

I took it out in the end and fitted a Thor one. The Thor DSCs are also good because they are adjustable which means that you don't have to put up with your speedo being 10% out like everyone elses. Mind you, some folks like to see 150mph on the speedo when they're really doing 135 :D

Guest suprarich

right, well am gonna still buy one for £40 quid cos i have talked to a few ppl who have used them and there all happy with them, if it fcuks up then ill have to get a proper one.

I'd be wary of the cheap ones, can play havoc with your power steering.

Forget the tech side of it but your power steering lets up the faster you go but with the cheap delimiter you can be doing 80 and your power steering is on full bung making the car feel very very twitchy indeed.

I'd pay the extra and go with Thor, sure a real techy bod will explain it better for you.