The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Owner.. help?

Guest newmk4

Guest newmk4

So i just recently bought a Supra and passed my driving test...

I am 17/yo male and i have a question... opinion based..

What are some good mods to improve HP and overall ride comfort (HP=comfort :D)

if you have any ideas or builds... please share

thanks for reading

Get used to the car first, i dont want to put you off in any way but these cars demand respect, one mistake and its your life at the end of the day..

Otherwise alot of these point have been covered if you have a look around the forum, check out build threads (in project section and also suprachat section) and get used to being told theres a search bar and also google ;)

Get used to the car first, i dont want to put you off in any way but these cars demand respect, one mistake and its your life at the end of the day..

Otherwise alot of these point have been covered if you have a look around the forum, check out build threads (in project section and also suprachat section) and get used to being told theres a search bar and also google ;)

Any car should get respect ;) and don't forget about everyone else you could injure or kill let alone yourself.

Go and get yourself into a driving school at a race track, you'll get a shock as to how rubbish you really

are when it comes to driving fast and in control, unless your the next Lewis Hamilton or Max Verstappen

So i just recently bought a Supra and passed my driving test...

I am 17/yo male and i have a question... opinion based..

What are some good mods to improve HP and overall ride comfort (HP=comfort :D)

if you have any ideas or builds... please share

thanks for reading

If I were you id look at getting a little run around to learn the road and learn how to drive safely around others. Its hard enough in a front wheel drive 1.8, im thankful I didn't jump right into a supra or I wouldn't be here right now. Im sure of it. And being in Canada to I can imagine you will have a lot of ice on the road. Not a good start at all for a supra, even an N/A. Id give it some serious thought if I were you. Only saying this because you've just passed, got a supra and are already looking for more power. Do the whole cosmetic think if you must when it comes to mods. Power isn't what you need right now.

As another young driver (I'm 18), just get used to driving it before looking to make it faster. Iv been driving for 18 months and have been driving a n/a part time since February and it can catch you out very unexpectedly especially in the wet, its bad enough in the uk let alone a place with wet weather all year round. Got any pics of it ?

As stated I would also get a lot of experience both with the car and driving in general before making any major/minor "HP" upgrades ;-). You are able to drive More than fast enough with stock performance. As to what comfort goes, I would get some lower profile tires, coilovers and brakes would also be good in time. If those are already in place, just upgrading all the small stuff, pipes, pumps, cables etc. Prep to future upgrades! \(o.o)/

Exactly :D

The first mod should be making sure she is in fantastic condition, replace any serviceable parts & give it a good inspection.

Agreed with this. Depending on the condition you have to keep in mind that these cars are getting a bit old now and parts need replacing. First things first should be making sure everything is in good order.

Is it an N/A or turbo? Someone who knows better can pop along but if it's an N/A it's probably not worth the costs. If it's a twin turbo BPU would be a good place to start. Loads of guides and advice on the forum.

Welcome to the forum.

Hehe, the same thought struck me. :D Has to be out of this world. I got mine when I was 20 and oo man... It was close to 29k SEK a year. x_x

He could be on a parents policy, I'm on multicar and its cheaper for me on the supra that most of my mates 1.2 cars on their own policies