The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stich mesh jdm wheels recently refurbed**reduced**

jim

I've decided to sell my stich mesh iii's, they were stripped down and refurbed over the summer with the barrels powdercoated black and the lips and faces painted bmw sepang bronze, and rebuilt with all new nuts and gold bolts. I swapped the barrels to give a lower offset on the rear, but at the expense of the offset on the front. My reasoning for this was that I wanted them to be flush and by going this route I'd only have to run spacers on the front rather than front and rear.

They're 18x8 et57 front and 18x9.5 et32 rear, 5x114. The price includes a pair of 30mm hubcentric spacers (60.1 centre bore) with fitting nuts that were only on the car for the few weeks that the wheels were on, so basically new. Centre bore of the wheels is 73.1 but 60.1 spigot rings are included.

Also included are decent legal tyres, the fronts have Conti sport contact 3s with lots of tread (235-40-18) one rear is a Pirelli p zero with lots of tread and the other is a hankook ventus evo2 with reasonable tread (265-35-18). I have a set of clip in discs for the centres too that are also included, I had planned on painting them to match.

I'm pretty gutted to be selling these, I adore them but knew when I put them on that the colour of the wheels didn't contrast with the colour of my car (6no) in the way that I'd been hoping for. They're not "mint" but they're in very good condition - one was manhandled by an oaf of a tyre fitter and has a scratch around the outer edge and inside the centre hole, he also scored the dish which has left a mark that resembles a paint run. The faces were pitted before being refurbed and you can make out the odd ripple from certain angles when the sun shines directly on them. When the wheels are fitted these aren't that noticeable but I'm just being as honest as possible.

They clear my ls400 calipers with ease, my cars lowered a lot so I had the arches rolled before fitting but in hindsight would have got away without rolling the rears and just folding the tabs back at the front.

Sale includes wheels, tyres, spacers, discs, spare L shaped valves and metal valve extenders.

I need £600 for these including post (courier via paisley freight) to mainland uk. I think that's more than fair considering the nuts and bolts were almost £200, spacers were almost £100, tyres are premium brands with lots of miles left and courier is £80. These are quality jdm split rims that will sit flush and have a nice dish at the rear. To compare, there is a set on jdm distro currently reduced to £900 without tyres and in need of refurb. Pics to follow.

Surprised that there hasn't been more interest in these :(

I've got my eye on my next set of wheels and need to sell these to fund them. I thought £600 was cheap but I'm prepared to drop the price to £500 delivered to your door, that's half the price of the set on jdm distro and they don't have tyres, making these a proper bargain.

Cool :cool: A good Christmas present to yourself. I've had some interest by pm but nothing firm, in the interests of honesty I was lying about them giving you special powers :D They're not advertised anywhere else and I don't plan on putting them on gumtree or ebay, would rather not deal with the wierdo's and oddballs there.

Cool :cool: A good Christmas present to yourself. I've had some interest by pm but nothing firm, in the interests of honesty I was lying about them giving you special powers :D They're not advertised anywhere else and I don't plan on putting them on gumtree or ebay, would rather not deal with the wierdo's and oddballs there.

Id take my chances with ebay/gumtree knowing what some of the weirdos on here are like 😂

Yeah currently got the stock 17s on there, need some nice wheels to get the ball rolling, coilovers after that!

I'll keep this thread bookmarked so I can keep tabs :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.