The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Basics: Suspension, oil water pumps, valve stem seals

Jellybean

Just some advise

Currently thinking of the single route and may a 3.4 Stroker but I want to get the basics done first and if it means staying BPU for another couple of years so be it

My car has roughly 100K miles on it , at want point do you do the Suspension, oil water pumps, valve stem seals; Tbelt and crank pulley are getting done thats a given

Questions:

• Best to get all new OEM suspension of go the new aftermarket bush route and hope the ball joints hold out or compromise and bush some components and replace other (i.e. components with ball joints)
  • At what mileage should you do the oil/water pump or save your cash and just wait for them to go ? if you have the engine out and they are easily accessible, sure you might as well
  • Valve Stem seals , if I was for argument sake putting in cams for the single , best to so the VSS too? or just wait for them to go

Any other advise appreciated , few guys have gone through this so just want to learn from their mistakes :)

With regards a HKs T04z kit or GTX3582R

ATI crank pulley damper or OEM?

PHR oil pump or OEM?

Edited by Jellybean (see edit history)