The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ecotekplc

The Hornet

I wouldn't get one / two of them for a performance reason but to make it run more efficiently and to help prevent coking. Just wondered if it would be worth getting one for any reason at all... or just not bother.

If no one else has tried / got one on their Soop, I'll probably get a couple and see what happens, i'll be the guinie (spelling?) pig so to speak...

So speak up and let me know what you think...

Hornet

Save yourself some money, you'll get the same 'improvements' by drilling a hole in the intake manifold.

Have you read the silly FAQ?

(Q) Does the device work on cars with a Turbo?

(A) Yes - Turbo charged cars work using a pump to increase manifold pressure which forces the fuel air mixture into the combustion chamber. This extra pressure shuts off the CB-26P device and accordingly it is inoperative whilst the engine is under boost. However it will be effective at all other times as with normally aspirated cars. With many Turbo cars, non-Turbo performance can be a bit sluggish - many find that the improved response from the Ecotek considerably improves the driveability of their cars.

There is a vague chance that the device may improve the performance of an older car that is running too rich and needs tuning, otherwise I'd expect it to do very, very little.

This is an interesting read:

http://www.fuelsaving.info/ecotek.htm

A lot of the Mondeo guys bought these when they first appeared on the market... the general feeling was steer clear, you won't notice much of a different (if any), the money is better spent elsewhere :)

If they made anywhere near the improvement they claim, Mr Toyota would have fitted them as standard :)