The mkiv Supra Owners Club

*Sammy*'s RSP rebulid

safcdixon

Sams Rsp Rebuild,

As some of you guys know my missus has bought a shell too rebuild from basically the ground up, after abandoning her Glanza project, so Im starting this thread to document the progress of the rebuild for her which she will update,

A little history on the car the link below show the new member that bought the car then wrecked it a week or two later, it then sat for nearly 2 yrs with very little progress

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?274098-New-member-from-the-North-East

A pic from a Jne meet

attachment.php?attachmentid=192141&stc=1&d=1412339052

It then turned up on ebay and Jayjay1374 bought it to break, Sam later seen the car that jayjay was breaking on Instagram and wanted it, but by this point it was basically no more and had been stripped too the bones

attachment.php?attachmentid=192142&stc=1&d=1412339052

But after talking to a few members at the Scenestock show she decided she wanted it anyway, Knowing that I had quite a few spares from the silver breaker I had bought I agreed it was worth doing and set about doing a deal and collecting it.

New sort after engine a 1jayjayz :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=192143&stc=1&d=1412339052

We gave the subframes a good clean as a few coats of black to protect it as it wasn't looking great

attachment.php?attachmentid=192144&stc=1&d=1412339052

With My spare front and rear subframes both fitted, it was rolling again :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=192145&stc=1&d=1412339052

supra pics 2 064.JPG

IMG_1706.JPG

IMG_1705.JPG

IMG_3784.jpg

IMG_3783.jpg

Rsp bonnet and bumper bought with the shell, fitted (no fitted pic of bonnet will edit later)

attachment.php?attachmentid=192149&stc=1&d=1412340979

attachment.php?attachmentid=192150&stc=1&d=1412340979

Spare silver bootlid fitted

attachment.php?attachmentid=192150&stc=1&d=1412340979

Old raggy petrol tank cover removed

attachment.php?attachmentid=192151&stc=1&d=1412340979

Another spare of mine :(

attachment.php?attachmentid=192152&stc=1&d=1412340979

Spare rack and steering wheel fitted

attachment.php?attachmentid=192155&stc=1&d=1412341377

Rear loom on the passenger side had been chopped by jayjay as he thought it was going to be scrapped, so I had the lush job of soldering the 24 (some hideously small) wires back together :(

happily the other side just plugged back in :)

I still have the major bodywork on the drivers ill to repair, the sill repair is in place and no major damage was caused in the crash the previous owner had been in, it had mearly Flattened the sill along the showing edge, and bent a lower wishbone on the rear but nothing overly major.

The new/used sill is currently tacked now after I had to remove it after the previous owner had over lapped the door area and the part hidden by the sidepods, which was awful!, so ive cut it off and started again, Il get that finished over the weekend as I burnt my eye and face tacking it on Wednesday :D

Sam will be updating the thread from now :thumbs:

IMG_3802.JPG

IMG_3800.JPG

IMG_3809.jpg

IMG_1695.jpg

IMG_3810.JPG

IMG_3811.jpg

Edited by safcdixon (see edit history)

One thing first, I'll like to thank the lads that helped us all day on Sunday. Once again thanks to Jay jay, Matt p, Simon and Andrew (Matt p brother) couldn't have done it with out you lot. :)

No problem Sam. Was a really good day. A lot of head scratching,laughs,mates and pizza :)

Sorry about the loom Marc :p

No problem Sam. Was a really good day. A lot of head scratching,laughs,mates and pizza :)

Sorry about the loom Marc :p

Haha it was a laugh, haven't done much over the weekend, still Ill off last Wednesday. (Bloody cold)

I'll upload some more pictures tomorrow :)

Nice work on rescuing another Sup guys, and such a fetching colour it is also :).

Looking forward to the updates

Seeing your car at the show in Scotland Sunny, made me want this shell.

If I can get my car to look as half as good as your car I'll be happy ;)

Im glad this shells being revived a couple of weeks earlier you would have had a n/s door and wing on it sorry about that but there now moonstone grey anyway if you need some tt suspension I have full set not off my car I only bought as spairs so cant guarantee there all good

Yes just a few weeks earlier it wouldn't have been stripped as far as it was. (Gives Marc something to do)

I've got doors off Marc's car as he put the silver breakers doors on his. Got D/S wing off Ross so just need the n/s wing,

it's getting there, as Marc has a garage full of supra parts so putting them on mine :)

Also got some front leather seats off suprasteveo and rear ones off ebay.

Still got loads to get yet, but I'll get there.

Will update with pictures tomorrow.