The mkiv Supra Owners Club

GReddy profec e-01 boost controller on my Supra

ShawnPreece

Hi all, I have a GReddy profec e-01 boost controller on my Supra which I imagine is a relatively old one and was just wondering a little "know how" about it from any of you that may have used this unit before of just know about it...

At the moment I have "LO" set to 0.80 and "HI" set to 1.2 although under hard acceleration the graph still plots up to 1 bar whichever setting I put it on? Also if anyone more technical knows what I should set the "GAIN" and "START" figures to as im not sure what these figures mean?

below is a picture of the unit with a red circle around the settings that are currently being used (apart from when its on "HI" and 1.2 is the pressure rather than 0.8)

If anyone could help me out that would be awesome or even if anyone who knows about these units lives localish to Hereford, Ross, Gloucester, Cheltenham, Worcester kind of area and would be happy to give me a demo on this unit I could drive to you whenever suits.

Thanks

boost.JPG

or even if anyone who knows about and willing to give a little demo it is at JapShow a week sunday at santa pod then im there too so would be ideal :)

- - - Updated - - -

or even if anyone who knows about and willing to give a little demo it is at JapShow a week sunday at santa pod then im there too so would be ideal :)

Ideally you want the 'start' as close to the desired boost as possible without causing a spike. I think I have mine set to start 1 bar ish to get 1.2 bar. With the gain I just kept tinkering with it until I reached the desired boost and hold. I think my gain is only set to around 15-20 but I have a greddy profec. Maybe slightly different. It took me a tank of petrol and 20 junctions on the m1 to setup lol

Ideally you want the 'start' as close to the desired boost as possible without causing a spike. I think I have mine set to start 1 bar ish to get 1.2 bar. With the gain I just kept tinkering with it until I reached the desired boost and hold. I think my gain is only set to around 15-20 but I have a greddy profec. Maybe slightly different. It took me a tank of petrol and 20 junctions on the m1 to setup lol

Ahh i see so the start is the pressure in which the turbo kicks in is it? so in effect you would feel more of a kick the higher the start pressure that you put?

What does the "gain" mean? im guessing its also pressure related but not sure what this function means or what unit of measure it is in.

haha yeah think im going to have to do the same and burn a tank of fuel while playing with the different settings lol

Thankyou yeah I have found that document before but I cant seem to find out what the settings are to work out which ones would suit my supra the best