The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Quick bootlid swap question

Kendo11

The wiring for the heated rear window, third brake light and rear washer pipe oh and think mine also had a amp wire for the radio

Not a hard job bud just heavy if you can get a mate to help you it will save your paint,fingers oh and the odd f@?k and bo!!oks when it keeps moving or smacks you in the head lol!! :D

The new one doesn't have a 3rd brake light so that saves one job.

Washer pipe will have to be cobbled in, the wiring for the wiper mechanism (which is already fitted to the new one) and the heated screen I'm guessing just needs plugging in? Plugs all present.

Lol I've got some fragile surface protector, gloves and a hard hat all at the ready!

Cool lol I done mine years ago but think if you drop the the two side quater panels down slightly so you can drop the headlining so you don't snap it there should be two nuts each side to hold the boot on and think there is a connecter block in the quarters about 10-12 inches away so no cutting wires as I say was along time ago so maybe just a little off but if you know what end of the screwdriver to hold your be ok ;)

Done mine myself a couple of times, tucked a couple of magazines around top of tailgate/back of roof, think wiring connects under plastic trim on tailgate then that feeds out of the top of tailgate, undo struts from t/gate and prop up with golf brolly or similar then unbolt from hinges, t/gate then rests on magazines, remove brolly and lower t/gate, slide away from roof and rest it again while you remove wiring at top then lift off. Harder to explain than it is to do.

Done - aside from painting.

Completed pics will be in my thread at the weekend.

Really happy with it thanks kayjay, although the weight of it with the spoiler attached felt like double the one I removed!

Good thing I stocked up on red bull this morning.

uploadfromtaptalk1412170853739.jpg