The mkiv Supra Owners Club

0-100mph times

Tom

I did a couple of 0-100 times on a private road last night and managed 12.37 and 12.25 and could have got in to the high 11's with the perfect launch, now my friend timed this with a stop watch and I and got him to watch the speedo for when to stop after a 3-2-1 go!

Now this is the thing I believe it was a true 100mph because I've left the thor limiter wire disconnected and the limiter cuts in on my speedo at 125 leptons where as the the limiter is actually 112mph? so when I did my 0-100 time I actually got my friend to stop the clock at 113mph on the speedo, so does this time sound about right?

I'm pretty much stock bar cat back exhaust and filter(probably less power with filter)

Thanks

Tom,

If 125mph indicated speed = 112 genuine mph

then 1mph = 1.116 indicated mph (125/112)

so 111.6 indicated mph = 100 genuine mph.

(I think, I'm not very good at this kind of thing)

Ahh ok, I think I will try to get a GPS sort of thing soon.

I use the Blitz Power SBC-iD and power iD meter which takes the digital input from the speedo and reads that. My speedo indicates approx 106-107mph when the Blitz meter reads 100mph. I will be fitting my in car PC over the next few weeks and will be able to GPS speed track the car and see how far out the Blitz Power iD meter actually is too.

The thing about GPS is that you need to keep the car at a constant speed for a short while to allow it to catch up due to rapid acceleration, also you gotta make sure your on a flat road as going up a hill will give you slower time etc.

The Blitz Power iD meter allows you to do:

1/8th mile, 1/4 mile, 0-50mph, 0-100mph etc etc.

The time below were done with my car BPU with crap rear tyres so traction was a problem:

0-50mph = 4.2sec

0-100 = 11.8 (13 psi)

0-100 = 10.4 (17.5 psi)

0-100 = 9.6 (24.6 psi - well overboosted by mistake, luckily didnt blow anything up!)

1/4 = numerous runs between 12.9 - 14 secs depending on traction.

I've now got new Goodyear F1 GSD3's all around and am BPU + so cant wait for some dry weather to do somemore runs :D

Hornet

If anyone really wants to know the times you can use an accelerometer, the AP22 is one of the best budget ones available:

http://www.race-technology.com/acatalog/Performance_Meters.html

I've used one before, they are incredibly accurate and the data analysis software has some great features. I’ve got one on order so hope to post some 0-60, 0-100, 0-?, 100-0, etc times and some cornering g's for my car soon.

Very nice James :)

Myself and a mate did some performance car comparisons with the AP22 for Kit Car magazine a couple of years ago (was an article about Westfield kit cars with various engines vs ‘everyday’ performance cars). We were only using excel but the data it gave out made it so easy to work with it can give some great graphs - especially when used on the track!

If you can find a nice flat stretch of tarmac you can get very accurate 1/4 mile times, saves all the hassle of going to the pod :D

We used the M5, very, very early on a Sunday morning :eyebrows: