The mkiv Supra Owners Club

low life keeps keying my car what to do?

mellonman

Just after a little input really on what to do.

My car is parked away from my house about 30m away as i have a green infront of my house and since I have resprayed it and its looking great some low life has keyed it on the top of the rear quarter.

1st time ok some gelous low life I had the paint so filled the deep scratch with paint flatted back and mopped which got rid of it didnt think much of it sh!t happens

2nd time is worse and in the same place abut also down on the main quarter I hve filled the scratches again andwill flat back and respray the hole quarter again

I have just bought a cctv for my house that has ir camareas that can reach 40m so would catch the person if they donit again

But for now I have put the car in my front garden but cant really leave it there permanently

This has happened twice now in 2 weeks

Thing is what can I do?

Connect it to a lamp post. That'll give 'em a shock.

Seriously though, short of camping out, catching them and knocking seven shades out of 'em, you can only really take the car away from the situation. My neighbours have all been warned (since I had all the dents removed at JAE...) that if I find any more marks on my car, I'll be checking my covert CCTV and their cars will be going up in flames.

Connect it to a lamp post. That'll give 'em a shock.

Seriously though, short of camping out, catching them and knocking seven shades out of 'em, you can only really take the car away from the situation. My neighbours have all been warned (since I had all the dents removed at JAE...) that if I find any more marks on my car, I'll be checking my covert CCTV and their cars will be going up in flames.

I'm feeling that:D

Say they do it again and I catch them , I know I would get out of hand and go absolutely ape and primeval on them,

Once , twice but three times thats personal , I would end up doing time for it

I would I be best to catch them and then do onto them what they done to me, or just call the police with the tape I know what I would rather but I think I have to be clever to save the car getting done worse

Jealous a holes!

I've rented another garage for mine, as the one at the house has got my bikes in (need power for optimate chargers). I'd do the same if you can. It's the only way you can really try and keep it out of harm and the weathers way.

Whereabouts in Kent are you?. You're welcome to stick it in my rented garage while my Supra is at SRD if you're not using it daily?

Jealous a holes!

I've rented another garage for mine, as the one at the house has got my bikes in (need power for optimate chargers). I'd do the same if you can. It's the only way you can really try and keep it out of harm and the weathers way.

Whereabouts in Kent are you?. You're welcome to stick it in my rented garage while my Supra is at SRD if you're not using it daily?

Thanks for the offer dude im in dartford, I was on the waiting list for a garrage by me but after 2 years waiting I gave up, nothing has ever happened to the car in the 8 years I have been here except the first week i got it someone tried to steal it , until now once I have had it all resprayed annoying is not the word

Its not a daily sits there unused all week

Edited by mellonman (see edit history)

I know how you feel, came back from holiday to find some kids sitting on my front bumper then bouncing on the headlight with his ass. Pretty much went over and told his dad that if it happens again then I will be pulling him out of the house and kicking him straight in the forehead.

I love the subtle approach.

At least the CCTV capture could make sure you know who the culprit is, I'd maybe add a zone sensor so the alarms goes off if they get near. Once you find out who it is then it is a case of cat & mouse. Follow them home, stake out (you need donuts). Walk past his house just as his getting out, give him a quick look & carry on walking...

Leave dead animals like rats hanging outside his window..... Red paint.

Do this randomly, basically everytime you remember say in a few months.

This will mentally make him/her go crazy... Then walk straight up to him one day & say, "Do you want to play a game?" (Make sure you are wearing the mask from the saw film). You'll most likely get arrested but hey ho your kids will understand :D

At least the CCTV capture could make sure you know who the culprit is, I'd maybe add a zone sensor so the alarms goes off if they get near. Once you find out who it is then it is a case of cat & mouse. Follow them home, stake out (you need donuts). Walk past his house just as his getting out, give him a quick look & carry on walking...

Leave dead animals like rats hanging outside his window..... Red paint.

Do this randomly, basically everytime you remember say in a few months.

This will mentally make him/her go crazy... Then walk straight up to him one day & say, "Do you want to play a game?" (Make sure you are wearing the mask from the saw film). You'll most likely get arrested but hey ho your kids will understand :D

:rlol:

Say they do it again and I catch them , I know I would get out of hand and go absolutely ape and primeval on them,

Once , twice but three times thats personal , I would end up doing time for it

I would I be best to catch them and then do onto them what they done to me, or just call the police with the tape I know what I would rather but I think I have to be clever to save the car getting done worse

If I caught anyone doing anything like that around my car, they'd regret it very quickly.

They certainly wouldn't be seen for a while, and it wouldn't be the first time!

I feel for you dude, I just hope that's the end of it now

Maybe a different...possibly useless solution - car cover? Whoever it is would find it unneccesarily hard to remove said cover, especially if its one of those snug fit ones to try and key it? Just a temp solution maybe

Really do feel your pain, ive had mine keyed twice, one deep one back to metal along the door and one massive long one on the rear quarter panel - pretty sure one was done on my own driveway too. Im now afraid to make it look good, atleast that's my excuse anyway :p

Always some jealous pr*ck/s around!

Edited by SupraP-Z (see edit history)