The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Run for the Border!!!

Fitz

Evening all! I thought I'd share an idea of a run/event Lee (Supraleeturbo) shared with me recently. The idea is to have a starting point of the event down in Brighton and then work our way up to a city in Scotland and possibly attend an event (if we scheduled it right) but along the way we'd have 'rest points' (possibly at service stations or landmarks) to grab more members who are more local to that stop, but also toilet breaks/fuel/food etc.

We wanted to gather some thoughts on if this was a decent idea or if we were completely nuts and there would be no interest in it. The way I see it there are pros and cons, one pro point is that more people can attend then say DB but a con against that is that we can't drive like we do on DB as we're in the UK still.

The route would have to incorporate some good roads as no one wants to drive on motorways for solid hours at a time so we'd need input from different members who are based all over and may know 'hidden gems'

I'm sure I'll add things to this as I go along or perhaps Lee will also chip in with more details as this is his idea :) apologies for the brevity and any grammatical errors as I'm typing this on my phone.

Thoughts?

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's called DragonCol ;) which unfortunately didn't happen this year, but will again in the future.

I wasn't too sure if DragonCol went to Scotland and thought about it whilst typing the message but couldn't check two things through Tapatalk on my phone.

Again, this is just a suggestion/ideas thread. If anyone has any input feel free. The initial idea is London to Scotland. If this idea is essentially DragonCol then let's open the floor to other alternatives.

I wasn't too sure if DragonCol went to Scotland and thought about it whilst typing the message but couldn't check two things through Tapatalk on my phone.

Again, this is just a suggestion/ideas thread. If anyone has any input feel free. The initial idea is London to Scotland. If this idea is essentially DragonCol then let's open the floor to other alternatives.

I'm sure it went North last year, but not sure how far. There was talk of doing it to Scotland at some point though, to include our most Northern members.

The Scottish members would be happy to be involved in a meet and run from our southern friends, I'm sure.

I can understand the motorway journey up (or down for the members that attend southern events) might not seem enjoyable at first thought, but do people realise the roads we have up here?, it would be well worth the effort to drive some of these;

These ones were taken today!

The Scottish members would be happy to be involved in a meet and run from our southern friends, I'm sure.

I can understand the motorway journey up (or down for the members that attend southern events) might not seem enjoyable at first thought, but do people realise the roads we have up here?, it would be well worth the effort to drive some of these;

http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q595/marcusmacleod/4C175EAF-A42E-43FA-8997-302110266E1A_zps6ojjohuj.png

http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q595/marcusmacleod/0CED0651-8FE8-479E-ABF5-E620584E0DB4_zpsy5ithxfx.png

These ones were taken today!

http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q595/marcusmacleod/21B5E188-CEC2-4B25-B693-E8BA506B699C_zpstkouhctt.jpg

http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q595/marcusmacleod/5DCCEA09-99A8-4E2F-B1A4-4198518A4398_zpsndrzebhd.jpg

http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q595/marcusmacleod/1E3570E0-3975-4615-8B06-065BC02B2285_zpspq3uahpt.jpg

They look fun this is what I was on about, how good it would be take a merry drive up there spend a weekend driving and meeting new people few beers in the Evening and then a drive back

If chalets are what you were looking into Aviemore, Cairngorm national park would be ideal, really nice location up in the hills, but thats only about 2 hours from mine and and hour or so from alex's. everything would depend on how far your willing to travel.

Alex and myself traveled 1000 miles to JAE and back so its not far really especially when theres lots of you..

Making a weekend of it would be your best plan and there ALOT you could do!

DragonCol did come up so far in Scotland but it was barely over the border I think. Not really a true trip North. It's a lot to fit in if you all came up possibly use Edinburgh as city location as it's a great night out and scenery is great. Plus it's a bit halfway for Aberdeen members coming down and the west coasters going across. More than happy to look into it with other members up here for routes and accommodation for people. People say it's too far? What happened to the love of driving your supra in convoy drawing attention and laying 11's!!!! Come on guys man the F##k up!!! You scared you will get shagged? Just don't wear wool job done :)

- - - Updated - - -

If chalets are what you were looking into Aviemore, Cairngorm national park would be ideal, really nice location up in the hills, but thats only about 2 hours from mine and and hour or so from alex's. everything would depend on how far your willing to travel.

Alex and myself traveled 1000 miles to JAE and back so its not far really especially when theres lots of you..

Aviemore good shout I'm sure that will be thrown in the pot.

Loving the sound if this would like to do a jap/car meet aswell though as we was up there

I just came back from a climbing trip with work based out of Inverness. I'd love to get the Supra up there, so I'd be well up for the trip some time. Just not for a couple of years as I'm moving in May.

Going to try keeping this low cost mate

So fuel, rooms and food and a few quid on tolls

The whole idea that it was affordable for everyone that can't go spending a grand on db

That sounds like a nice place.

And a good place to start a plan.

Could get the convoy to start down south and collect members on the way, have a nice drive up and around scotland.

Sure if there was enough we could get a huge discount on the chalets/accommodation.

Well i was thinking that. If there happens to be a decent sized group we could ask for a decent price, at the end of the day they'll still be making money. We dont ask we dont get..

Would be fantastic to see the club come further north, and im sure some of the members will be blown away by the scenery and the roads up and through the hills.

South of the border members venture into Scotland? I'll believe it when I see it :) nice idea though if it came about it might involve everyone.

Tony hit the nail on the head, it will never happen tbh. Nobody bothers making the effort to come north, as we do to travel south for stuff! Plus its hard enough to get scottish members involved with anything up here aswell!!

Bit far for me tbh, I'd be up for a run to Wales, some great driving roads there.

:blink:

You go all round Europe for a weekend but up to Scotland is to far ??

:yeahthat:

Edited by drift_bear (see edit history)

Tony hit the nail on the head, it will never happen tbh. Nobody bothers making the effort to come north, as we do to travel south for stuff! Plus its hard enough to get scottish members involved with anything up here aswell!!

:blink:

:yeahthat:

You say you come south but no one ever comes as far as me and

Iv allways wanted to drive to Scotland as I have family up there so please stay positive

And we will come a a local beer :-)