The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nitrous Oxide ordered

Guest Rays the roof

Guest Rays the roof

Well I've done it!!

Booked in at THOR two week's today to have NO's fitted to my babe. Including a purge kit it's a nice round grand.......!

Let's see those bloody M3's keep up with me then - LOL!!

:eyebrows:

Guest Rays the roof
you ba**ard ray !! you know how much i wanted this ! its my next toy to ! damn Malcom :read:

LOL!

Must admit fact that Malc has just had it put on his TT and that I found £3K yesterday, that I didn't know about, means that I had to........

Guest Rays the roof
Im so jealous. Should have taken that damn overtime now :(

Like you haven't been doing 70 hour weeks to afford all the mods listed in your signature??? LOL

Like you haven't been doing 70 hour weeks to afford all the mods listed in your signature??? LOL

:D

Would you belive that they offered me 3 days work that would have paid for it but i said no coz im too tired. There's plenty of time for being tired latter :cry: .

Good stuff though mate. Bet you'll be smilling untill next christmas :tongue:

A Grand fitted !!!!! Damn i can do em for around £600 depending on where you want it fitted !!!! Thats a polished bottle as well , comes with 50hp jets , 2nd bottle is £125 , for a grand i can fit a CO2 kit and youd still have change .

Dude :devil:

A Grand fitted !!!!! Damn i can do em for around £600 depending on where you want it fitted !!!! Thats a polished bottle as well , comes with 50hp jets , 2nd bottle is £125 , for a grand i can fit a CO2 kit and youd still have change .

ooooo you nasty b'stard...fancy telling him that now :D

As soon as we are in the new place we are gonna be offering a lot of Nitrous deals and fitting , also gonna be doing controllers , we will have a filling station on site too , id defo go for a twin bottle system to avoid filling probs , in fact i could prob have done a 2 bottle system and Progresive controller for under a grand !!! And remember dudes i have Nos in my own car so i practise what i preach :eek:

Dude :blink:

Bye Bye 002.jpg

Guest Rays the roof
Nitrous,.... I like that idea.

Pete @ Thor certainly know's he's stuff so you shouldn't have any problems.

Excatly what have you ordered? I'm curious.

I've always fanced going Noz but havn't got a clue how the system works or available items.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Not a mechanical engineer but Analytical chemist. However do know when you burn (combust) N20 in the engine, 3 moles of gas would be produced from 2 moles of Nitrous. This increases the pressure within the combustion chamber, hence increasing power because the increased oxygen provides more efficient combustion of fuel, the nitrogen buffers the increased cylinder pressure controlling the combustion, and the latent heat of vaporisation of the N2O reduces the intake temperature.

I know bollox you are thinking, but basically you can get a massive increase in BHP for only a nominal increase in fuel (petrol) consumption, with no noticeable detriment to engine wear!!

So me says thumbs up to Nitrous oxide.

Hope this helps mate - LOL!

Guest Rays the roof

Only jokin' Was always the one to pay 100 squid for a pair of trainers only to be told by someone in school that they saw them in JJB for £60 - LOL!

THOR are 30 mins away where as you are 4 hours. If they fc*k up I can be round with my baseball bat the next day. If it were you, I would have to wait until I am going to Brighton beach 4 the day......

:p :upside: :p

Thanks for the info Ray :)

Just a few simple questions:

- Whats exactly is a progressive Controller?

- Are you able to purge nitrous on demand? (love the smoke effect)

- Can you adjust the nitrous delivery from max to gradual?

- Is there any danger in changing gear during nitro injection

- Is it idiot proof? Because I'm sure I'd hit nitro when selecting reverse for a tight parking spot!

Thanks for the info Ray :)

Just a few simple questions:

- Whats exactly is a progressive Controller?

It pulses the nitrous solenoids to deliver between 0% to 100% of the nitrous jet's capability, therefore allowing you to progressively turn up the nitrous flow rather than getting the 100shot all in one bukkake-style blast.

- Are you able to purge nitrous on demand? (love the smoke effect)

If you get a purge kit, yes. Ironically when you *see* the gas it's the liquid nitrous vapourising. The actual nitrous gas in the lines that you *need* to purge is invisible when it purges, so the moment you are seeing the gas, you should stop purging as it's a waste :)

- Can you adjust the nitrous delivery from max to gradual?

That's the progressive controller's function

- Is there any danger in changing gear during nitro injection

You should get a full-throttle switch with the kit, so when you lift for the gearchange the nitrous stops.

- Is it idiot proof? Because I'm sure I'd hit nitro when selecting reverse for a tight parking spot!

Unless you use full throttle to park, that won't happen :) There are some caveats to nitrous through - you shouldn't use it with wasted spark ignition (VVTi) especially with wide cams, you should get a rev windowing system as bringing it in too early can break conrods and hitting the rev limiter can cause det, you can't use it with any traction control system that cuts the fuel injectors (i.e. RLTC but not the godawful stock system) as det will occur, and er that's about it for now :) I'm assuming it's a wet nitrous system by the way, and if you are fitting a dry system you should be shot anyway hahaha :D

-Ian

Guest Rays the roof
Ray - have you bought a Highpower system ?

Streetblaster 100i & Minimax progressive Controller. Are you starting on a 25 shot and then after successful testing moving to 75 or 100 ?

No idea what I am buying. Thor are fitting and tuning, but I thought what the heck and am going stright for the 100, which shoul give me about 90BHP increase. You loose some on the NA for some reason?

:devil: