The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Translation needed

Scoboblio

The exact translation is TOYOTA TOKYO KARORA. Karora is the Japanese romaji for COROLLA

Fiftyplus1, トヨタ 東京 カローラ the symbol that you thought was kanji is actually katakana meaning 'KA' not 力 which is power. Easy mistake to make, the characters are VERY similar, the only way i can tell is because of the context surrounding it. The only Kanji here is 東京 (Tokyo).

Still don't understand why it would have a Corolla sticker on it!

Without hijacking this thread, MartynB you've dumped your Supe for a 911???

Ahem - yes I have.

I do an 80 mile commute every day and reasonably often 200 miles in a day.

As much as I loved the Supra I couldn't face another dark wet winter of Supra handling on dodgy road surfaces doing long trips after a days work, it just wasn't the right car for me at the moment. If and when my circumstances change I intend to get another one before they all get too old.

I know everyone in here thinks 911's are easy kills but I don't think there is much in it between a standard TT and NA 911, if anything the 911 is quicker to 60 but it does lack that punch when the TT's 2nd turbo kicks in. Handling wise mine is a C4 and it sticks to the road like Gordon Brown to your wallet.

I know I'm not the only one in here without a Supra - it's just friendlier than most of the forums and I still think it is a great car.

:love:

Ahem - yes I have.

I do an 80 mile commute every day and reasonably often 200 miles in a day.

As much as I loved the Supra I couldn't face another dark wet winter of Supra handling on dodgy road surfaces doing long trips after a days work, it just wasn't the right car for me at the moment. If and when my circumstances change I intend to get another one before they all get too old.

I know everyone in here thinks 911's are easy kills but I don't think there is much in it between a standard TT and NA 911, if anything the 911 is quicker to 60 but it does lack that punch when the TT's 2nd turbo kicks in. Handling wise mine is a C4 and it sticks to the road like Gordon Brown to your wallet.

I know I'm not the only one in here without a Supra - it's just friendlier than most of the forums and I still think it is a great car.

:love:

911 better handling than a supe in the wet, ahem rear wheel drive on both cars, your having a laugh, just admit you fell for the Stutgart badge on the front LOL

ps the badge is all i have left from when i totalled one (in the wet)

I was never one of those people who always wanted a porker - they always reminded me too much of a volkswagen variant in looks and I hated the handling even though you got amazing traction from having the engine over the rear wheels.

As I said mine is a C4 (996)and the difference is unbelievable. I can take this onto a wet roundabout at ridiculous speeds and it never so much as twitches. No way you could say that about a Supra, in fact no way I would attempt anything like the cornering speeds these things can cope with in a Supe.

Anyway I didn't raise this, I know it is the wrong place and extolling the virtues of a porker on here is not going to win any prizes :looney:

Trouble is most of the porsche forums are well up themselves and not much of a laugh