The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Front fenders shape differs between some models?

sCaz

Hi,

I just went all cranky when I thought that they messed up the "laser scanned" model of the Supra in the game Forza Horizon 2. It looked like they had the sharper edged 25mm wider fenders from Do-luck that comes along with the original Do-luck front (it is wider right?) but modelled it with an oem front. However, when I was googling pictures of 98+ Supras I came across both the more round shaped fenders and the more sharper ones on alot of different fronts.

At this point my mind got all screwed up. My questions are:

1. Did the Supra have a redesign of it's front fenders at some point (98+ facelift?)

2. If above is true, are these 25mm wider than the more round ones (like the original Do luck kit)?

3. Are all above just imagination due to camera angles? I am pretty sure my fenders are superround without a mirroring edge on a shiny day.

Thanks //Peter

Yeah, thats what I thought! Angle does really shape the oem ones differently on photos but in the game it's too much. Googled a bit more in regards to ridox fenders and then posted this on another forum: "I thought they laser scanned the cars but looking at the Supra front fenders it seems it might not be the case. It is not the do luck 25mm wider fenders but it could very well be the ridox 25mm wider ones according to shape but hard do know if they are wider or not. So, we are looking at either a ridox fenders wide supra fitted to a custom made oem front or we are looking at forza unique fenders. Attention to detail people! One does not simply add a Supra in a game! (j/k)."

Though a wide body Supra with custom OEM front would be unique, anybody made one?