The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wiretuck smooth over advice

r0cknr0lla

Hi guys,

I know this may not be an easy one to explain but can anyone help me with advice as to what holes I can close up for the engine bay wiretuck smooth over. Being a new supra owner and not having a motor in when car arrived does affect my knowledge regarding this and therefore only am aware of fuze box, battery and loom holes.. nothing else was available to check what goes where.

Cheers.

Edited by r0cknr0lla (see edit history)

In that case the vast majority in the top right hand side of the bay in the picture can be filled, as can most of the front right hand side. If your running an after market inlet the brackets on the left suspension side can go and allot of wholes filled, there is some holes in the top left that are cruise control related too.

As for the relays and ignite, you could mover it down low in the bay onto the chasis rail or put it behind the wing, would probably be easier than moving it into the car IMO

Agreed, I wasnt planning on going there purely for that reason. Seems to be the headlight as an option too but the water issue is still a concern. In two minds about where to place it.

If tucking the loom under the wings I suppose the most sensible is to place the relays etc along with it I suppose. I will pm hodge and see where he has placed his as a reference.

I would not advise fitting the fuse box under the wing after seeing fuse boxes full of water and corroded when moved.

This actually happened to me just a few weeks back, i moved my small relay box (trac,abs) under the headlight a couple of years back, it was full of grit and water, all three of my relays had corroded so badly that they were bridging and make my whole system stay live with the ignition off

If you have the skills move it in the cabin or delete the abs and trac system altogether, if not leave where it is ;)