The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi everyone. New member looking for supra.

Guest Ro8

Hello, my name is Rob

I have just had someone pick up my beloved mr2 turbo (which was very hard). All in aid of getting my first supra.

I am after an n/a auto and my budget is £3,250.

How do I become a full member so I can post in the wanted section.

:)

Welcome to the club!

Any reason why youre after an N/A auto? It will feel slower compared to the MR2 Turbo. If I was in your position I'd try save an extra £1000 and you could pick up a fairly clean TT auto.

A couple of reasons really. I am over the speed thing and am after a cruiser for the weekend. I have recently got a puppy and since I have not driven that fast as she was flying all over the plaice :-).

I test drive one at the weekend and it put a massive grin on my face. (Unfortunately it didn't have the paperwork I was after).

I would rather have a tidy n/a than a cheap tt.

Please correct me if I'm talking nonsense. Thanks

Couldnt agree more. Man of sense buy a good na with good paper work rather than a tatty TT. These are expensive cars for bits. A cheap car is often an expensive car further down the line.

Welcome to the club and good luck on your hunt.

Not always...But most cases I agree.

You can get a clean TT auto for £4000, I've seen Benjy's Auto TT and I'd go as far as saying its one of the cleanest ive seen.

A couple of reasons really. I am over the speed thing and am after a cruiser for the weekend. I have recently got a puppy and since I have not driven that fast as she was flying all over the plaice :-).

I test drive one at the weekend and it put a massive grin on my face. (Unfortunately it didn't have the paperwork I was after).

I would rather have a tidy n/a than a cheap tt.

Please correct me if I'm talking nonsense. Thanks

Mine was a clean NA 6 speed manual when I bought it. Such good fun and even after 6 years, still grin when I boot it some. I always thought that an NA might be less likely to have been thrashed plus insurance was much cheaper at the time. It's still a quick car with all the great looks of a Supra, especially if you're over the speed thing. Also, if you do decide you want more speed at a later date, you can always stick a turbo in it, like I've just done with mine! :D

So thoughts are that a clean n/a auto (or manual) is realistic for £3,250? If anyone knows of one please send them my way :-)

Best thing you can do is spend £10 of your budget on club membership which will give you full access to not only the Classifieds, For Sale and Wanted sections, but also to a whole load of knowledge and helpful information on the site :)

Welcome to the club and good luck in your search.