The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MOT time and I have a big problem

TRD3000GT

Chris I have spoken to a few garages around me and only a few of them know what the hell im talking about and also I cant find a place that actually can do it with a meter instead of going on the rollers :conf:

Do you know how I can find a place that can do it?

They can use a Tapley meter and road test the brakes, like they have to with Land Rovers and other 4WD cars, as well as anything that for whatever reason won't go on the rollers, or the rollers are not compatible with. The wifes Jeep Cheroke has to be done on the road (permanent 4wd)

Keep trying different garages mate, they can't all be monkeys.

On the positive side at least you haven't x2 de-catted your car, it's always fun putting one of those back in just for emmisions test, i've never had a 2nd cat, and putting the 1st back in is lots of fun!

Alternatively squeeze some 22" rims on your car that'll raise it a bit!!

:eek2:

I'm not helping here am i sorry!!

Putting blocks of wood in front of your tyres helps you get up the slopes of ramps and flat-bed recovery trucks, i don't think that trick will work in this instance Eldudereno, they'll probly just help matey get stuck in rollers and end up leaving a Do-Luck nose behind on exit!
:devil:

Didn't read the post properly, thought the problem was getting it on the lift for inspection.

My fog light is on a switch on the dashboard, the importer fitted a dual element bulb in the normal light area and it passed the SVA + MOT etc. I thought the fog lights had to be seperate from your normal rear lights, but is this ok because there are two sets of lights at each side and the dual bulbs (fogs) are only brightening one per side?

not that i'm bothered cause it passed and I didn't have to have a stupid dangling looking thing :D

Hornet

As far as I know EVERY MOT testing station is required by law to have a Tapley meter, otherwise they couldn't brake test, for example, a Land Rover. Sorry, can't be more help than that other than being able to name 2 test centres in the Greater Manchester area that have them from personal knowledge.

as above tapley meters have to be carried by every mot test station. i should know as i also do mot testing. if you willing to drive down to bedfordshire then i can help :D :nana: