The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Very happy new Supra owner :)

wattwatt

Hi All,

After many years dreaming of one day owning my own TT Man Supra the opportunity finally arose and I jumped at the chance :D

I'm from sunny essex, looking forward to joining in some local meets to meet all the locals and check out your beauties to give me some ideas on what things should be done to mine...

Unfort i've not had chance to take any pics yet but its a Black Jap Import done 105500 Miles with only 1 UK owner and has been very well looked after but is in need of some real TLC ;) so far only really had to do new coil clips, spark plugs and clutch master as peddle kept getting stuck on the floor was quite scary when coming to roundabout lol... Has got a really annoying knock from rear but has got aftermarket ajustable coilovers so need to get it looked at if it's just top mounts and if need to match aftermarket or can you use standard toyota mounts?

Dan

Hi gents,

Just noticed I had some replies for some reason my notifications haven't been coming through :( bluewater meet sounds good to me unfortunately the next meet being the 3rd I can't make :( me and wifey are going to see Jon Richardson, I better not blow her out to come out to a supra meet hey? haha!! But 100% up for the next one as be nice to meet a few locals and it's not too much of a drive, plus got family that way (2 birds 1 stone and all ;))I'm from Chelmsford area how about you guys?

I'll get some pics up when get a mo been busy enjoying the new toy and forgot to actually take some shots of her lol...

• 4 weeks later...

Finally managed to take a few snaps while the weather was holding out, Here is my new baby (well its a close second love to my wifey and daughter lol)

imageimageimageimage

I'm not a lover of the rear bumper and have since purchased a Jspec OEM rear bumper from far2lively on the forum and looking forward to a nice enough day with some spare time to get it fitted. The stereo won't be to everyones taste but when I purchased there was a horrible minidisk single din unit and a smashed shelf unit in there so I replaced with an older kenwood which has iPod, Bluetooth, Sat Nav, DVD and just need to fit the reverse camera. The dash/steering wheel is something to be desired and will soon be replaced when some replacements come up...

If anyone is interested this is the everyday car ;) although I can't modify this as belongs to work

and wifey's motor (looks nice but she does loads of miles so only has a baby 1.5 diesel engine)

imageimage

Looks nice mate, has a few mods too, do you know what kind of power she's running? I agree about the rear bumper, if you need a hand to swap it I live just outside Chelmsford in Pleshey so I would be happy to help. I'd imagine Keron on here will have the dash panels and a steering wheel if you want to try and replace them.

Thanks, Yeah she has a couple the boost controller (although I've not even switched it on, it's boosting at about 1bar so I guess its working) the HKS silent exhaust and it has a HKS mushroom filter but if I'm being honest the constant sucking noise is a bit annoying when you trying to plod along the motorway so I might go back to a stock airbox with a HKS panel filter in it, I would imagine this would be better for reducing hot air getting sucked in as well?

Yeah back bumper is a potential job for Wednesday if this weather holds out, fingers crossed lol... If I struggle I might be shouting on your knowledge ;-) I will have to have a search for Keron too as dash panels and steering wheel really need to get sorted the Manuel surround is knackered and flopping around which is rather irritating.

Oh and she has Tein Flex Coilovers but top mounts appear to be worn as they are clonking and banging around which i need to put some attention too, I'm tempted to save and rip them off and switch back to Bilsteins but get 'Chris Wilson' custom setup. The UK brakes have already been done but could really do with a complete refurb and brakes don't feel great and i'm getting a judder when braking over 60mph which can't be good lol...

Edited by wattwatt (see edit history)

Thanks, Yeah she has a couple the boost controller (although I've not even switched it on, it's boosting at about 1bar so I guess its working) the HKS silent exhaust and it has a HKS mushroom filter but if I'm being honest the constant sucking noise is a bit annoying when you trying to plod along the motorway so I might go back to a stock airbox with a HKS panel filter in it, I would imagine this would be better for reducing hot air getting sucked in as well?

Yeah back bumper is a potential job for Wednesday if this weather holds out, fingers crossed lol... If I struggle I might be shouting on your knowledge ;-) I will have to have a search for Keron too as dash panels and steering wheel really need to get sorted the Manuel surround is knackered and flopping around which is rather irritating.

Oh and she has Tein Flex Coilovers but top mounts appear to be worn as they are clonking and banging around which i need to put some attention too, I'm tempted to save and rip them off and switch back to Bilsteins but get 'Chris Wilson' custom setup. The UK brakes have already been done but could really do with a complete refurb and brakes don't feel great and i'm getting a judder when braking over 60mph which can't be good lol...

Sounds like youve got some good plans :)

At BPU levels the stock airbox with an uprated filter is the best route to go as you maintain the stock air ducting which draws in the cold air, rather than the hot engine bay heat.

So managed to get time before a meeting to swap over the rear bumper I do prefer the standard rear but not 100% convinced by the fact this one doesn't seem to quite fit correctly?? You should see what I mean by 2 of my pics!!

Yeah I definitely think the supra is a car you stick to tasteful mods with as much as there is some stunning 'over the top' ones on the forum I do think the subtle ones suit the car ;)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413993415.180118.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1413993425.754919.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1413993437.579506.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1413993447.716110.jpg