The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Screamer pipe or Recirc external WG?

Krimi

Hi!

I've got a 6766 precision turbo, and TiAL 44mm with screamer pipe, so, my tuner told me his experience with his EVO 8 engine mitsubishi colt with a GT35, he test both WG positions, open to the atmosphere, and recirc, and when he puts the car into the Dyno, he lost 20nm of torque with the open downpipe, and holds the peak power at 553AWHP, so he runs at low boost compared to our supras, Im going to run the car at 23-25 PSI, I have a 3" DP/MP combo, so If I recirc the WG probably the exhaust will have an increase of backpressure, and more restriction under my thinking and knowledge.

Anybody test it or have experiences here with both WG positions? I love the screamer sound but I want the option with the best performance results for the car.

It all depends how you feed the pipe back into the exhaust. If you do it far enough down and at a shallow enough angle it shouldn't make much difference. If you put it at 90 degrees close to the turbo then it's going to create all sorts of boost problems.

For your use I'd just vent it out to atmosphere to be honest, especially if you like the sound. If you need it quieter for track days then you'll need it recirculated.

It all depends how you feed the pipe back into the exhaust. If you do it far enough down and at a shallow enough angle it shouldn't make much difference. If you put it at 90 degrees close to the turbo then it's going to create all sorts of boost problems.

For your use I'd just vent it out to atmosphere to be honest, especially if you like the sound. If you need it quieter for track days then you'll need it recirculated.

Im thinking about the pros and cons of the screamer, and the only recirc WG pro under my thinking its a quieter exhaust sound when I come into boost. The boost problems its one of the things that I think or turbulences into the DP. My preference right now its screamer... But probably somebody has another experiences.