The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra ----- Shed of the week.

Chris Wilson

I don't quite get their shed of the week section.

Are they saying it's shit or not? I'm confused by the 'shed' title and the content which seems to be relatively honest and the advert which looks OK?

..and has the MX5 designer a fan of the Jag F-Type or something?

It's a positive thing, basically saying look how good a car you can get for a thousand pound. Shedding on there is keeping old cars usually with a large petrol engine going for a while, then get rid of them when they are too expensive to repair. Basically instead of treating a new Corsa as a white good, why not have an older/faster/comfier/better looking car at a much reduced price and replace it as often as you like.

Old V8 German stuff usually gets them going, that or an MX5. :)

I don't quite get their shed of the week section.

Are they saying it's shit or not? I'm confused by the 'shed' title and the content which seems to be relatively honest and the advert which looks OK?

..and has the MX5 designer a fan of the Jag F-Type or something?

I finished reading the article and thought exactly the same thing. I got to the end then looked for the "next page" button, to see what the point of it all was.

I used to know someone with a mkiii turbo who said you just have to replace the head gasket with an aluminium version and then over-tighten the head down, and the flawed design was fully mitigated - I always had reservations on that! Chris?

That's the 7m engines, terrible for HG failures, there was quite a topic on it here when I thought it was a good idea to buy one - http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?309222-Mkiii-Supra

Turned out the bottom end went instead after 2 weeks of casual driving, world's worst engine imo.

I must have been lucky I had 2 mkIIIs both NA and Turbo I drove them hard with no love at all and never had an issue. The NA went to Poland. I have a real soft spot for them and often think of tracking down a JZA70 as its my missing link between my mkiiis and mkiv.