The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Time to say Hi with something a bit different

jumpbike

I signed up for engine tips and tricks initially but now it's all calmed down a bit I can say Hi. Something a bit different... I have a Toyota Land Cruiser with a JDM TT engine swapped into it. It retains the 2JZ auto transmission and also all the 4x4 system from the cruiser. The model is a 99 Colorado which is referred to as a Prado in the rest of the world so it's current nickname - Suprado.

I acquired the engine already with Hybrid twins and 550's installed. Currently running on both standard ECU's but the manifold has been modified to accept an external wastegate so I didn't have to worry about over boosting and can have a completely free flowing full 3" exhaust. I have even made a custom Y pipe to get rid of the crap 5mm wide cast one.

soooooo yea, goes well for a 4x4 anyway

I will get a bit more on it soon, I did a 4000 mile trip round Europe in it and ran into a few teething issues so its currently in bits but should be 10 times better once its all back together. Will then get some proper time to play and mess around. Will be my daily anyway so I might make a project thread just to keep anyone interested up to date