The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Slightly disappointed

Guest Dayl26

Hey guys had my n/a auto about a week and abit disappointed in performance my old mondeo tdci felt faster lol starting to wish I just saved up abit more for a tt but hey ho :( it's full decat insanely loud people expecting it to be fast and it feels slow theirs a strange exhaust rattle as well which is embarrassing.. Just a lil rant here's a pic

image.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will get the heat shield looked at cheers. Thanks it does look nice just feels slow imo thinking the pod filter won't be helping performance either gave Keron a ring not got any oem air box :/ and he said about 3k for tt conversation that sound about right? I might sell it how much you offering mate? Lol

Does n/a auto really feel that slow? I don't know the real performance figures for auto, but manual is like 6.0 -6.2 sec to 60mph. Have to be a damn fast diesel lol. Of course i know that mid range in modern diesel is very good (and n/a supra isn't), but eventually they will run out of buff. They really are not that fast, they only feel fast. My ex car was 150hp/350nm diesel and you really can't compare the performance of these two cars together.

Does n/a auto really feel that slow? I don't know the real performance figures for auto, but manual is like 6.0 -6.2 sec to 60mph. Have to be a damn fast diesel lol. Of course i know that mid range in modern diesel is very good (and n/a supra isn't), but eventually they will run out of buff. They really are not that fast, they only feel fast. My ex car was 150hp/350nm diesel and you really can't compare the performance of these two cars together.

I would say it is more like 7 seconds 0-60. My Corrado VR6 is supposed to do it in about 6.5, and it accelerates noticeably faster to 80 than an NA Supra.

Speed is relative, it depends what you're used to.

I would say it is more like 7 seconds 0-60. My Corrado VR6 is supposed to do it in about 6.5, and it accelerates noticeably faster to 80 than an NA Supra.

Speed is relative, it depends what you're used to.

Auto or manual?

Edit: I have driven n/a auto only once, but it did have a bad box so i can't comment about performance.

Bottom end just seems slow.. about 60 70 seems to pick up abit can't get over how loud it is tho even louder than my old wrx which was de cat lol speed bumps are a pain in the ass supras sure do turn heads just wish I had the power to back it up.. looks like am not off thailand now :( gonna save up for a tt or maybe go na/t conversion decisions decisions :/