The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1jz gremlins

trebor69

Hi all,

Well I've done it, I put the 1jz motor in my Supra over the past few days and I have a few issues, still have a few wiring gremlins to sort but the car refuses to boost, I'm new to turbos but the best way I can describe it is like the dump valve hiss whilst refusing to take off, like it's trying to cut out.....accelerate's fine without booting it..... Any ideas?

Also, can anybody tell me what colour wire from the soarer loom connects to pin 24 on the supra orange plug for the dash temp?

Thanks.

Edited by trebor69 (see edit history)

Also, can anybody tell me what colour wire from the soarer loom connects to pin 24 on the supra orange plug for the dash temp?

According to my notes I connected the brown wire from pin #24 in the orange Supra plug, IL1, to the brown wire from pin #1 in the white Soarer plug, D01.

Again, according to my notes, pin #24 in IL1 is a ground to the intake manifold.

Which wire did you connect to pin 19 of the same orange supra plug? :-)

According to my notes I connected the brown wire from pin #24 in the orange Supra plug, IL1, to the brown wire from pin #1 in the white Soarer plug, D01.

Again, according to my notes, pin #24 in IL1 is a ground to the intake manifold.

:angry::angry::angry:Rev counter wasn't working either so I modified it by soldering the wire across the contacts and that doesn't work still....... It's a bloody good job the sun is out :@

- - - Updated - - -

:angry::angry::angry:Rev counter wasn't working either so I modified it by soldering the wire across the contacts and that doesn't work still....... It's a bloody good job the sun is out :@

Well I connected those and they sent my temp rocketing to the top (engine's cool)

Sounds like the sensor is/was being earthed in some way.

what did you do with wire 12 from the soarer grey 14 pin plug? It's a thick black and red :-)

From your description that is the wire from pin #12 in the grey Soarer plug IJ1. If so I connected that one to the wire from pin #4 in the grey Supra plug IJ1.

I'm new to turbo's so bare with me, I have a soarer intercooler and pipes but I have just swapped all the pipework for supra intercooler pipes, I have only been trying it in drive, it will drive smoothly and accelerate upwards as long as I'm gentle on the pedal but if I try to hurry it then it holds back as if cutting out/missing..... I have no gauges.

Unless the turbos are physically broken, its impossible to have no boost. What intercooler set up do you have? What gear were you in? Are you getting no boost as in still drawing a vacuum or 0 on the boost gauge?

Sounds like the sensor is/was being earthed in some way.

From your description that is the wire from pin #12 in the grey Soarer plug IJ1. If so I connected that one to the wire from pin #4 in the grey Supra plug IJ1.

Surely wire 14 on the 14 pin grey soarer plug is a better match for pin 4 on the grey supra plug, both being engine ecu: fpc and fuel pump ecu: fpc frc?

The only guidance I can give you right now is to search for a thread from a member called kraig looking for advice on his 1JZ transplant & a thread from me mentioning the JZZ30 Soarer body plugs in the title.

Kraig's thread has 3 pages of my terrible notes I uploaded that list the wires I matched from each loom to get my track car up & running perfectly.

I only mention the other thread as it has the Soarer plugs identified as I have them labelled in the notes.

Yes I've already read all that mate,thanks for your suggestions dude.

The only guidance I can give you right now is to search for a thread from a member called kraig looking for advice on his 1JZ transplant & a thread from me mentioning the JZZ30 Soarer body plugs in the title.

Kraig's thread has 3 pages of my terrible notes I uploaded that list the wires I matched from each loom to get my track car up & running perfectly.

I only mention the other thread as it has the Soarer plugs identified as I have them labelled in the notes.

I have had info on wiring from a couple of people and some wires are connected completely differently from car to car yet run perfectly.... This is confusing to me, I'm no wiring guru but apart from no temp reading, no rev counter, speedo back reading in km and the obvious lack of power kicking in when I boot it...... It runs quite well :blink:

Well when I did my swap there was nothing along the lines of a wiring guide to be found anywhere so I armed myself with an ECU pinout for each engine and body plug pinouts for each car. I matched as many wires as I could using the function description from the body plug pinouts, if the was doubt I traced the wires back to their respective pin in the ECUs to see if they were a match. Not a sure fire way of doing it I grant you but apart from a stray/unmentioned wire on the field coil of the alternator it was a complete success and has run like a stock install ever since.