The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Has anyone installed a V-8 in a Supra

Guest asjustice

Moved to non-supra technical :)

You are asking the wrong bunch of people, being primarily in the UK we have zero exposure to smallblock V8s in any form, let alone putting into a MkIII Supra. However, I know it can be done, people in the US have done it, twin turbocharged as well, very respectable 400-500bhp. It's a relatively easy engine swap if you can sort out the management and mapping, you only need a bellhousing adaptor and some alterations to the engine mounts (with a chevy). The only expert along these lines I know of is Adam Wootten but he's not about much these days, busy with work. You could try dropping him a PM.

-Ian

• 2 weeks later...
And of course the JGTC Supras use the 3UZ-FE V8...

I thought the 3sgte was used as it was a much smaller engine and could be pushed wahaay back into the car, reducing polar moments, and they could still crank 500 horsies out of them. However I've not kept up with them so they may be using something completely different.

Anyone fancy running a transverse 4 cylinder 2.0?? Hears church bell in distance, watches tumbleweed roll past etc etc. :D

And of course the JGTC Supras use the 3UZ-FE V8...

I thought the 3sgte was used as it was a much smaller engine and could be pushed wahaay back into the car, reducing polar moments, and they could still crank 500 horsies out of them. However I've not kept up with them so they may be using something completely different.

Anyone fancy running a transverse 4 cylinder 2.0?? Hears church bell in distance, watches tumbleweed roll past etc etc. :D

the early JGTC cars used the 3S-GTE but i believe there was a regulation change a few years ago to allow them to use the 3UZ-FE :thumbs: