The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gaz's single build

Mk4Gaz

I Hi guys, thought I'd start a thread to show what I've been up to recently. I've been toying with going single for a few months now, and made the decision a little while ago to just do it!

I've spent a good few weeks collecting all the parts needed, and decided that jae would be the last time my car would be on the road as a tt

I'm not going for daft power, I just wanted to simplify the setup, and get a bit of extra grunt at the same time. The limiting factor will be the stock auto box, so depending how I get on, I might consider a built box and high stall at a later date. My build list is as follows:

Borg warner s362 turbo

Cast manifold

Tffr with Siemens 650cc injectors

Fuel pulsation damper delete

Walbro 450 lph pump

Hks fcon gold

K&n ru2590 filter

3 bar map sensor

3" v band downpipe

10 row auto box cooler

I've already fitted a fmic, and will keep the mines ecu to save having to mess around with a fcd and sld.

I spent a fair bit of time last winter, giving the engine bay an overhaul, and it looked like this until a few days ago!

I thought I'd continue the green thing, and paint the compressor housing to match the spark plug cover

I made a bit of a cock up, and bought a stainless manifold for a na-t, and a brand new cx racing wastegate - both of which are no use to me now! But I mocked it up anyway

So with jae out of the way, I started the strip down on Monday evening. Getting the twins off proved to be a real pain, not a job I'd be in a rush to do again!

Got the inlet manifold off last night, in preparation to tidy up the intake runners, and fit the new fuel rail

This evening I've removed the stock fuel setup, and after re painting the intake runners, I've fitted the injector collars and new rail.

Hopefully I'll get more done tomorrow, and update as I go :)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks gents, can't wait to have it complete!

Kev, I'm guessing you mean a phenolic spacer? To be honest, I did want to remove the runners, but the bolts were such a sod to get to, I decided to leave them be, and remove the pulsation damper from underneath - tomorrow!

Thanks guys :thumbs:

Bit more done. Gave the inlet manifold a quick buff up on the polishing wheel, it's not as good as I'd hoped to get it, but it's better than it was.

Painted the rear upper bulkhead, which I didn't manage to get done when I painted the bay last year, and tidied up a couple of bits such as the throttle cable support, and iacv.

Removed the fuel pulsation damper, and fuel filter - it looked original :eek:, so was probably well past its due date for being changed! Also fitted the braided fuel feed and Sard fpr - although I haven't taken pics of that yet

This evening I've mounted the 10 row aps auto box cooler. I'm keeping the stock one in the bottom of the rad, and have just added a new hose from the passenger side to the new cooler, and then back to the stock cooler if that makes sense. I'm hoping it'll be sufficient.

Managed to get it behind the passenger air vent, by the washer bottle. Made a couple of simple brackets, and used some off cuts off silicone hose as dampers on the bolts, to avoid anything cracking under stress ;)

Don't worry, I'll remove the cling film from around the cooler before i get the car back on its wheels :D

Cheers chaps.

Ben, I'm not chasing numbers per se - spent too much time and money doing that with the mr2!

I've read the auto boxes don't like much over 550ft/lb due to the heat created, so I'm thinking about asking the mapper to aim for 500ft/lb, or a tad over, and the horse power will be what ever it is. I'd like to think mid 500's should be achievable, but I'd rather keep it as safe as possible.

Boost logic box FTW!!! 😁

Need to save some more pennies first :p

Maybe next year, although 100 bhp over bpu, I'm guessing will be a nice street car!

*edit*

Bring some spanners to the next bw meet, and we'll swap John's out for a stock one, while he's in nandos. He'll never know ;)

Edited by Mk4Gaz (see edit history)

Need to save some more pennies first :p

Maybe next year, although 100 bhp over bpu, I'm guessing will be a nice street car!

*edit*

Bring some spanners to the next bw meet, and we'll swap John's out for a stock one, while he's in nandos. He'll never know ;)

Until it spits cogs all over the A2...

Ha ha ha!

Chris, no chance I'm afraid mate :(

Doubt it'll even be done for jsf, looks like I won't be getting my manifold till end of this month :(

At least it means I can take my time, and make sure I don't miss anything, but still annoying that the manifold I bought is unusable.

Bit of an update........

I've now fitted the Sard fpr, and set it to 3 bar pressure. This should be fine, but I guess the tuner will adjust it if he deems necessary. Made a bracket out of some sheet alu I had, and tucked it behind the gearbox dipstick

Also painted the drivers side of the cylinder head, and re sprayed the engine bay in satin black. Was looking a little grubby since I last done it, and was the perfect time to get into all the areas I couldn't reach before.

Throttle body now back on, so the inlet side is done :)

Fitted the 450lph pump last night. Although I've changed the pump before, getting that damn sealing ring off the tank is one biatch of a job!

But, all wired up using a 4 pin 30a relay, with a direct feed from the battery. I used the blue/red wire from the ecu to pump, to act as the relay trigger, and the other side to power the pump

And, with a stroke of luck, my treadstone cast manifold arrived about an hour ago, so just ran out and mocked the turbo up. It fits really well, but I'm going to have to play around with the Intercooler pipe work, and downpipe - although I did expect that to be fair.

Looks awesome!

The manifold has a 38mm wastegate port, which I think will be too small. So I've ordered a 44mm v band tial, and an adaptor plate to convert the 2 bolt flange, to a v band fitting. I'll open the manifold port up slightly to help with flow, but now it's back to waiting for the parts to arrive before I can continue.........