The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Full Super Pro Bush Kit All Fitted.

a98pmalcolm

Hay all.

Ok the past 2 days me and my bud Alex that owns AKS tuning have busted a gut to fit a full Super Pro Bush it to my Supra.

With the 2 toe bolts needed cutting and most others solid is (being a 21 year old car) We eventually got it done.

We were surprised with the progress with this being the 1st bush kit I have fitted and the 1st bush kit on a Supra Alex did we made good progress over the 2 12hr days with also me fitting new handbrake shows and cutting away at my carbon scuttle panel, with Alex having to deal with customers in-between also leaving it a 1 man job 1/3 of the time.

I can't report yet on the feel of the car but from what I have driven it feels much nicer to drive and steer. I also have BC coilovers and titan anti roll bars so a Combination of all 3 should equal in good results.

I have many pics for you all to have a look..

UPDATE: Ok had a good drive now over the past few days and damn the car feels good. Every part feels better. Steering is more responsive all squeaks and clunks are gone.less judder and corning it feels like a go kart lol.. Its a big job and the bushes arnt cheap but its a must have job... Bearing in mind that these cars are old so replacing the old worn bushes is a good idea anyway..

Thanks

Paul

1st Up handbrake

New ones on

Reason the handbrake keeps wearing is fooked bell housing

Quick paint touch up on the callipers while im there

The Full bush kit before fitting

As a bush had gone on one of my coilovers BC sent me some new ones FOC

Time to start striping

Time to get the new bush's in. Alex did all the drilling of the wish done ones

Making a mess :D

Edited by a98pmalcolm
Update (see edit history)

I've had numerous passengers remark that my Supra is one of the best handling cars they've ever been in around a track.

Full Superpro bush kit, Titan ARB's & a CW fast road tuned Bilstein set-up here.

Fun job replacing the bushes, isn't it!

So, you have a standard Bilsteins with new tune and some kind of service? What springs you have? Or am i totally wrong?

I'm thinking a suspension refresh, and my 1st plan is that i send those stock bilsteins to full service and tune. Then change old springs for new ones, but i don't know what springs to get. Stock from Toyota? Tein? Whit...Whix...Whiz..... Well, that damn garage who has a difficult name :D

Lastly, i'm little bit unsure should i change the bushes too.

So, you have a standard Bilsteins with new tune and some kind of service? What springs you have? Or am i totally wrong?

I'm thinking a suspension refresh, and my 1st plan is that i send those stock bilsteins to full service and tune. Then change old springs for new ones, but i don't know what springs to get. Stock from Toyota? Tein? Whit...Whix...Whiz..... Well, that damn garage who has a difficult name :D

Get in touch with CW, Chris Wilson on here, call or email him, not pm as he doesn't like/do pm's :)

Yes mate my car is running a full set of German built Bilstein coilovers (not the Japanese copies) which Chris Wilson re-valved to suit a set of custom springs he supplies/fabricates himself.

I bought them second hand so I'm unsure of the actual spec of the set-up other than they are a fast road tune with the potential to handle a slightly harder spring should the need ever arise.

If a full race set-up ever takes my fancy I'll get Chris to re-valve my dampeners again to suit a much stiffer spring.

Or I might rob a bank and go for a Nitron upgrade.:)

As Dunk has already said, call or email Chris and he will definitely look after you.

Yes mate my car is running a full set of German built Bilstein coilovers (not the Japanese copies) which Chris Wilson re-valved to suit a set of custom springs he supplies/fabricates himself.

I bought them second hand so I'm unsure of the actual spec of the set-up other than they are a fast road tune with the potential to handle a slightly harder spring should the need ever arise.

If a full race set-up ever takes my fancy I'll get Chris to re-valve my dampeners again to suit a much stiffer spring.

Or I might rob a bank and go for a Nitron upgrade.:)

As Dunk has already said, call or email Chris and he will definitely look after you.

So you are happy with your setup? I have to think about this. One problem is that i'm in finland :D

Thanks your replies tho! :)

So you are happy with your setup? I have to think about this. One problem is that i'm in finland :D

Thanks your replies tho! :)

I had the pleasure of a passenger seat in Damien supra and it is like a go-kart , nicest handling Supra I was in

I am running Super Pro upfront in mine and TRD Bilstein setup with TRD Springs , not too sure what springs Damien is using but it is alot nicer than mine , mine is crashy but Damiens soaks up the bumps alot better than mine , mine is trying to compete against them

Only down side to getting the Super Pro setup is you will not be replacing the ball joints, I reckon mine are fairly knackered after 21 years so not too sure what is the compromise , maybe get new lower arms and Super pro others ( like the rear struts for example that dont use balljoints, just the bush)

Hopefully Chris will be able to give us some advise , going all new OEM is $$$ , not too sure if it is a myth that the polyurethane bushes have a shorter life span than rubber