The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Put a deposit down on a red TT today

hadyn

Trekked all the way down to Torque Imports today to test drive the 1993 red tt that they have for sale - i instantly fell in love with the car and its in very good condition apart from two quirks - 1. The oil was low, down to the halfway mark and 2. the steering made a groaning noise when on full lock to the left, which i suspect is either low/old Power Steering fluid or a crack in the PS system.

Absolutely loved the car though, and am highly looking forward to saturday for getting my hands on it! The autobox is as good as everyone goes on about!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must be this one?

Supra RZ Twin Turbo

1993 K, Red, Automatic, Twin Turbo, 56,000 miles, ABS,Climate Control,Electric Mirrors,Electric Windows,Power Steering, 18" Alloy Wheels, HKS Exhaust, Full Body Kit,Rear Spoiler. In Stock £8,495

Very nice car, I actually thought it had been sold a few weeks back.

Hope you've checked out the mileage/owners etc?

TT.jpeg

Must be this one?

Supra RZ Twin Turbo

1993 K, Red, Automatic, Twin Turbo, 56,000 miles, ABS,Climate Control,Electric Mirrors,Electric Windows,Power Steering, 18" Alloy Wheels, HKS Exhaust, Full Body Kit,Rear Spoiler. In Stock £8,495

yep its that one, its had one previous change of owner in jan 2004, the speedo is in MPH going up to 110mph and odometer is still in kms reading 98k ish kms

and a quick question, the speedo is in mph but the odo is in kms, i thought that the digital odo was swapped to miles when the speedo was sorted?

Not unless it comes with a certificate to say it has been done legitimately. Its not an easy thing to do either which is a good thing as how many cars would be clocked back if it was easy to do??

Easiest way to sort out the limiter and get the odo to read miles is get a thor delimiter and converter, the cheaper conversions do over time cause hassle, It is in my opinion the very first modification anyone should do to a J-spec supra.

Must be this one?

Supra RZ Twin Turbo

enquiry about the 56,000 uk miles as then it should read roughly 89km

Planned list of mods goes something like this

Apexi Power Intake

HKS SSQV

Full decat and boost controller

First thing though will be a set of clear indicators and repeaters :)

Ah the slippy slope... before you know it will be a single turbo mod :D

Mine reads in miles on odo (with km letters still present )

180 mph speedo and delimited I think this is pretty common ; unless they have short miles in Cornwall lol. Incidentally I used to work next door to Torque and met the guy a few times seemed OK to me. I am only 50 miles from there.

Enjoy the car!

this has got a 110mph speedo, so im presuming the speedo hasnt been fiddling around with and its got genuine kms on the odo???

i think it may de deristricted though, as we couldnt get it to bounch of the limiter at 110+ leptons on our private test track in the wet