The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rolling the front arches

jim

I'm going to get my arches rolled today, I have new wheels to go on (it's like Christmas! :D )and will also need to raise the height on the coilovers a touch. Rears are pretty straight-forward, but I was hoping for some info on the fronts - there's a bracket and bolt holding the arch liner at the top edge of the arch, but not as much of a lip to roll as there is on the rear. Has anyone just pushed the bracket up without having to roll the arch, if so do I just remove the bolt for the liner or should I be putting another in somewhere to secure it? Anyone any previous experience with this sort of thing?

Ta! :)

Thought I'd read that somewhere Ric, although the bracket holding it seems a fair size. It's a body shop doing it so it's not like I'm going to set about it myself with my hacksaw, chisel and garden spade but I'd like to know what people usually do to help inform the conversation with them. Test fitted a front and rear last week and the wheels are going to need all the help they can get to fit :D

Ok with the fronts arches being rolled.

It's best to remove the top centre bolt so the arch liner can move.

If you need a flare or decent roll, I would remove all bolts to get a good angle.

Replacing the bolts may be a little hard.

I normally have to modify the arch liner slightly depending on the roll or flare.

You can actually get a good roll on the fronts but they need to be careful not to snap the tabs, this requires heat to be able to ply the tabs a little.

Hey Glen :) I had to do the calculations myself as they're staggered split rims and I've swapped the faces between front and back. I *think* :D they're:

Fronts: 18x8, et22, 235/40/18

Rears: 18x9.5, et32, 265/35/18.

I didn't get them done today (my son broke his leg, d'oh!) but should be on tomorrow and I'll fire pics up.

Arches rolled and wheels on, got away with bending the tabs back on the front, one of the rears rolled nicely, the other cracked the paint as there had been a previous rust repair with some filler. Not the end of the world but a little irritating...

I'm a bit undecided, not sure if I like how it looks, maybe because they're 18s on a stock body? Or maybe it needs lowered a little more? Maybe bad pics as it's sitting on an uneven surface, I'll get some decent ones over the weekend.

WP_20140911_19_47_24_Pro.jpg

WP_20140911_19_48_05_Pro.jpg

WP_20140911_19_49_53_Pro.jpg

Edited by jim (see edit history)

Yep I'd love some sp1s Carlo, and that's playing on my mind - I could sell these for half decent money and not have to put that much to it to get a used set of sp1s in 17s.

Going to lower it a bit more and give it a week or two before I decide

Cheers Al 😊

I agree Ric, but its my daily and with it being quite low i wanted to try to keep a bit of ride comfort. Definitely going a couple of notches lower, particularly at the front, to see what difference it makes. The worry is that its the colour that's not right, I'm not painting them again (they'd need split and rebuilt again for it to be done right).

WP_20140912_19_31_10_Pro.jpg

WP_20140912_19_33_21_Pro.jpg

I am just about to set about rolling the arches on my Supra this morning. I purchased the car with 17" Super Advan's on, so I am upgrading them to 18" Rota Grid Drifts in white. Need a little more room for them under the arches! I will post a couple of pictures when I have got them on, and see what a difference they make?

Supra 3.jpeg

Edited by Freddy
Picture out (see edit history)