The mkiv Supra Owners Club

XXR alloys.

drew 007

Hi guys, Ive searched but not found much solid evidence that the XXR 521 range of alloys in 18" form and et35 fit over the uk brake setup.

Id love to know if they fit as I would prefer not to have any arch work done if I can really help it...

Im led to believe the et25's do fit over uk brakes but require arch work.. Is this true??

I'm looking at Front 18x8.5+35 and rear 18x10+35 if they fit and clear?

Also any tyre size recommendations would be really appreciated to guys as I'm wanting to place my order.:)

Kind regards.

ET35 wont clear UK brakes I don't think. I have those wheels / sizes in ET25 and they clear my LS400 brakes which I think are similar size to UK spec but you will most likely need to roll your arches

Hi, thanks for that buddy top man. What kind of arch work was needed to have them fit?

Hi, thanks for that buddy top man. What kind of arch work was needed to have them fit?

All that was needed was to roll the inner arch lip up out of the way, no pull required and easy enough to do with an arch roller. Mine is pretty low and it doesn't rub at all, if you are on stock suspension you MIGHT get away without rolling but I wouldn't think so.

My rims are XXR 521's 8.5 front and 10 rear et25. Can't comment on the brakes as I only have jspecs. But a simple arch roll was required to stop the scrubbing, although if you want to fit wide rubber, a pull might also be required, as I only have 265's on the rear, anything wider would still scrub.

All that was needed was to roll the inner arch lip up out of the way, no pull required and easy enough to do with an arch roller. Mine is pretty low and it doesn't rub at all, if you are on stock suspension you MIGHT get away without rolling but I wouldn't think so.

Ok matey thanks for that really appreciated.

My rims are XXR 521's 8.5 front and 10 rear et25. Can't comment on the brakes as I only have jspecs. But a simple arch roll was required to stop the scrubbing, although if you want to fit wide rubber, a pull might also be required, as I only have 265's on the rear, anything wider would still scrub.

Yeah, it seems that the et25's are the ones to go for!! Thanks guys and girl.!. :-)

ET35 wont clear UK brakes I don't think. I have those wheels / sizes in ET25 and they clear my LS400 brakes which I think are similar size to UK spec but you will most likely need to roll your arches

Can't comment on the wheels but I do know for certain that LS400 brakes are much smaller than UK spec Supra brakes. The LS400 brakes fit under the later OEM Soarer 17s but the UK spec Supra front brakes don't and it's not even close.

So, ET35s will fit without arch work but are unlikely to clear UK/LS brakes. ET25s will require rolling and are only known to clear LS400s.

I was thinking about buying some 521s for my Soarer but now I'm beginning to reconsider as I want to run larger brakes in the near future and don't really want to do any arch work.

Can't comment on the wheels but I do know for certain that LS400 brakes are much smaller than UK spec Supra brakes. The LS400 brakes fit under the later OEM Soarer 17s but the UK spec Supra front brakes don't and it's not even close.

Aaarrr really!! Gutted. I need to know if they clear the uk brakes before I go ordering a set.

Thanks for the info really appreciated.

Is it just the rears that need rolling or the fronts too?

If its just the rears, surely one could go ET25 on the front to clear brakes and ET35 on the rear to avoid an arch roller, right?

• 2 years later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread. I'm thinking of getting a set of XXR 521's.

Has anyone got a pic of them fitted with ET25 offsets so I can see how they line up with the arches?

My rear arches are rolled but the fronts aren't, does anyone know if this will be ok on the front? Sounds like my uk brakes will be fine it's just the front arches I'm wondering about.

The fronts should be fine mate. Depends on your suspension - ride height. When I had mine quite low it used to catch on the front over bumps but after a new geo setup and raising the suspension, no problems.

It was quite low when it was catching though and running 235 width.

The fronts should be fine mate. Depends on your suspension - ride height. When I had mine quite low it used to catch on the front over bumps but after a new geo setup and raising the suspension, no problems.

It was quite low when it was catching though and running 235 width.

Brilliant thanks mate. I can always fiddle with the ride height I guess