The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Jag

lust2luv

Is it just me, or does that resemble a despoilered mkiv?

I can definitely see where you're coming from.

I had an X-Type 3.0 Jag when they first came out, cost £32k with the extras. Complete pile of poop :blink: So bad in fact that after 14 months of arguing, they agreed to swap it for another. This wasn't quite as bad, but still had to have a lot of warranty work done. We're not talking the odd squeak or rattle, whilst I had the car it had :

3 gearboxes

2 transfer boxes

propshaft

works to diff. cage

wheel bearings

all four door lock mechanisms (spent two weeks getting in from the passenger side front door :eek: )

Clutch plate replacement

And that's off the top of my head, it was with the dealership, on average, once a month whilst I owned it :eek:

So, would I buy a new Jaguar ? Hell no, once the model is a few years old and they've sorted out the issues then maybe. Oh, and I wasn't the only one with a problematic X-Type.

DON'T buy an X-Type !!! I REALLY wanted a Jag too, and to say I was disappointed was an understatement.

Matt

Oh dear! why have they gone with a bentley/nissan 350 clone, when they already designed the xk180? , which has to be one of the best looking cars ever. First The S type, then the X type(read mondeo) , then a diesel , then an ESTATE, no more F1, why not just put the leaping cat on a focus and be done with it? from V12 to a diesel...... mutter.....bloody ford...mutter....

So, would I buy a new Jaguar ? Hell no, once the model is a few years old and they've sorted out the issues then maybe. Oh, and I wasn't the only one with a problematic X-Type.- quote~muffleman

kinda makes you wonder how manufacturers like rover and jag stay in business when you read stuff like this, but then again they need bailing out every other year - i wonder why, my wife insisted we bought this rover she saw "cos its a luvely colour" and evertime i get in the feckin thing something else has either leaked, failed, blown up or fallen off, the purple perils days are numbered though lining up a nice little Yaris for her