The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Plans for the Supra :)

ShawnPreece

Hi all I have now owned my new Supra for a week so as I have had chance to think about what plans I would like to do to it I thought I would start a thread that I could update on :) its no big transformation or anything but just a few minor changes but thought this would be a good way of keeping track of it and any input or idea's would be welcome :)

Just so you know the details of the car to start here is everything about it:

Started out life as a NA silver manual Supra but has had an engine replacement from a 1998 VVT-i Twin Turbo Supra and a full respray, still currently has W58 5 speed gearbox off the NA.

Performance upgrades:

Greddy Boost Controller running 1.2 bar on high

Decat

Front Mount Intercooler

BOV

UK Callipers Discs and Pads

RSR Exhaust

HKS Fuel Cut Defender

Walbro Fuel Pump

NGK BKR7EIX Plugs

Exterior Styling:

Glass Headlights

Front Clear Indicators

Carbon TRD Bonnet

TRD Front Wings

Do Luck Front Bumper

Gen Trail Rear Bumper

Veilside SideSkirts

TRD Half Carbon Rear Spoiler

Likwidart Badges

19 inch Jade R Alloy Wheels

Interior Styling:

Dash Sprayed Fiat Blue

Black Roof Liner and Sun Visors

Black Carpet

Recaro Bucket Seats

Pillar Mounted Gauges

Boost Gauge

Momo Steering Wheel

CD/DVD Head Unit

Engine Bay Dressup:

Polished Fan Surround

Fiat Blue Engine Cover

Carbon Fibre Fuse Box Cover

HKS Pipework

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg

My Plans for it (Modifications and work that needs doing) for the current to near future are as follows:

New Clutch (Stage 3 performance clutch from Whiffbitz) going in next week as the current one is slipping.

Replace Single Din Ripspeed fold out CD/DVD player with a Double Din CD/DVD player (came in post yesterday so just need to install it on the weekend).

HKS Turbo Timer is in the post somewhere on its way to me at the moment so that will be fitted when it arrives.

Install a passenger seat Recaro rail as currently only the driver seat is a Recaro but have Passenger seat waiting to go in when I buy a rail for it.

Power Steering pump is making a whining noise when cold so probably need a new on but will try replacing the fluid 1st as someone mentioned on here.

Change the Alarm system for a Clifford Remote Start Thatcham cat 1 alarm, I like the fact that you can warm up the car on winter mornings before getting in it aswell as the practicality of the engine and turbos being warm.

Get the Recaro's retrimmed in leather with the Supra and Recaro logo's in, seen it on the same style Recaro's as mine before and loved it.

Not 100% convinced but will probably get a roof spoiler for the top of the rear window, still debating this at the moment though.

My bigger plans for it that im hoping will happen around next summer time are:

V160 6 Speed gearbox

Hybrid Turbo's

I do love the car the way it is so it is only really minor changes that I am doing (apart from the gearbox and turbos) but just a few little tweeks to my taste.

Your opinions and idea's are welcome :)

• 4 weeks later...

New clutch has been fitted (pic below) and got my double din DVD head unit in (pic below) :)

HKS type 1 turbo timer and white dials are now at my house and waiting for when I get chance to fit them both... (hopefully this weekend)

Recaro rails for passenger seat have been ordered so waiting for those to come :)

10620732_730029260384649_5182700000787071359_n.jpg1233321_10152647106415709_416098133282629655_n.jpg

Welcome back Shaun..! Lol. Cars looking clean, lemme know when you decide to get rid of that 5 speed box! ;)

Cheers mate :) yeah planning on putting a different box in spring time so will let you know when I do :)

Nice plans you have for the car. Congrats on the purchase.

Cheers mate :) coming along nicely atm

Been on the rollers at Saxon Motorsport this morning just to see what she's running and it was very happy aswell as incredibly surprised at the results.........

[ATTACH=CONFIG]193047[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]193048[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]193049[/ATTACH]

She maxed at 476.397bhp at 6295 rpm :)

That is a very good figure for a BPU car? infact I think its the highest, are these stock turbos?

That is a very good figure for a BPU car? infact I think its the highest, are these stock turbos?

Yeah stock turbo's running 1.23 bar boost, gotta admit I was expecting early 400's maybe 420ish as it's vvti but wasn't expecting anything like that, I would like to stick it on another set of rollers to try it again but that's the figure they came out with

Very impressive figures, surprised the w58 has lasted so long.

Great figures, what gear was the dyno pull done in?

Was done in 4th gear, yeah a v160 is one of the next things on my list to do, especially after today's results I wasn't expecting anywhere near that, I was thinking about 50bhp less when the bloke doing it said nice one you got 476 my response was "what!!!!!!!" Still struggle to see it personally so would like to get another done soon but that was the figures they come up with so it's all I can go on atm