The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Engine stand

Guest Budz86

Can't really complain at this for just over £30! Will it take a 2J though? Says something about the internal diameter of the yoke being 60mm....whatever the hell that means!?

http://www.sgs-engineering.com/garage-equipment/engine-stands/es1000-450kg-engine-stand

i used the exact same one for my tt engine, holds it fine no problems and i had it left on the stand for months.

i had no problems with delivery , it was fast.

i also used the 2 ton engine crane they sell and it was perfect for the job. when its on full stretch the weight limit lowers thats why i went with the 2 ton version

Edited by ashbuster (see edit history)

Ash did you have to mod it at all or was it a straight fit? Sorry for hijack

hi bud

do you mean the engine stand?

if so, it has adjustable arms on the joke plate so you adjust them to fit the block.

cant seem to find any photos apart from these but they are both on the stand

1452235_366788336790521_1530853569_n.jpg1560639_390469931089028_2000769732_n.jpg

it did hold the weight of everything (turbo and intake ect.) but get the right bolts to hold it

[Q UOTE=ashbuster;3928057]hi bud

do you mean the engine stand?

if so, it has adjustable arms on the joke plate so you adjust them to fit the block.

cant seem to find any photos apart from these but they are both on the stand

[ATTACH=CONFIG]190927[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]190928[/ATTACH]

it did hold the weight of everything (turbo and intake ect.) but get the right bolts to hold it

Coolio, what bolts would I need to get?

iirc the thread size is 12mm x 1.25mm

the tubes on the stand that you put the bolts through are 6.5cm long and looks like around 1.5cm straight across the hole so you would need ....

4 high tensile 12mm x 1.25mm bolts which are atleast 7.5cm long+, (unsure of how long you will need to be exact but mine were 8cm)

and i had 4 decent sized washers

these look similar to the ones i used

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M12-x-1-25-Metric-Extra-Fine-8-8-Grade-High-Tensile-Yellow-Zinc-Hex-Head-Bolts-/371122779535?pt=UK_DIY_Material_Nails_Fixing_MJ&var=&hash=item5668a4358f