The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello from KS/CA

Guest IronNam

Guest IronNam

Hello ladies and gents!

Name is Nam, I'm currently serving in the USAF maintaining U-2S Dragonlady's.

I've been around Toyota's for a minute, got about 12+ and counting in my family, I myself drive my 94 Toyota Truck (Hilux, pickup, NOT A TACOMA...).

It's a little 22RE 2.4L four banger, used to be a sadly shoddy 4spd auto, but that got substituted with a waaaaaaaaaaay better W58 I got from an SC300 (that car now runs 8's and faster...), and I've been driving it since 140k when I was 16 (it's now at 216k). The truck is my daily driver, I use it to get to work and I've used it generously in autocross and tackling the mountains in California. I've got a handful of SCCA Solo autocross experience, but I have yet to participate since I got to California. I did get 12th out of 114 drivers in an autocross set up back home. The only faster vehicles were some Corvettes and Porsches on slicks... I had a crack in the frame, blown dampers all around, uncorrected timing, a passenger, worn bushings, and a lot more things that needed to be fixed. Amazing how a 112hp (lol, at the crank... in 1994!) 2900lb truck could keep fast lap times with Nitto NT-01's.

I currently have 18x10's wrapped with 275's per corner, it's a fun truck.

I have 18x10.5's waiting at home with Toyo R888 295's to be mounted.

Now, the reason I'm here is because I absolutely love the Supra, just one of the last few over-engineered vehicles by Toyota.

I have my eyes on a 93 Supra TT 6spd targa top when I return stateside. 2nd owner, 110k, older couple driven it for the past 10 years, and the price is a steal.

Some more pics and stuff later...

- Nam

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, Fitz!

I got a good amount of money saved up, didn't think I'd come across a Supra in such good condition and price. I'm looking at low 20k for this car, USD of course.

Just a few more weeks til I get a chance to look at the car in person, again.