The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I need your advice please

caliAl

Guys n’ girls I need your advice. My current car is coming to the end of its life and I need to start looking for a new one.

I have been a fan of the supra for years and have wanted one for a while, but now the time has come to buy a new car I am having second thoughts. The reason I am having second thoughts is that I question the practicality of them.

I have a 2 year kid and often carry 3+ people in my car and as this will be my only car I can see this being a problem.

My brain is saying BMW M3 with decent 4 seats and a boot, but me heart is saying Supra………… what do you guys think?

Cheers,

Al

I wanted a Supra for a while and I'm LOVING mine, I'm not supposed to use it everyday but the missus will say to me before work 'are you taking the Laguna or the Supra', then she sees the smile on my face and knows which car I'm taking :D

But that's the thing, I have an alternative car for putting people in, doing trips to the tip etc.

The Supra is an awesome car, but go and look at the back seat in one. Not sure I could recommend one as a lone family car.

All the best

Matt

Thanks for your replies.

That's the thing, I use the back seat a lot and some times it will be 2 kids, other times 2 adults (but normally their mates so they should just be grateful to be sitting in a supra :D )

Do most baby seats fit in the back of a supra?

Honestly mate, it's not the car for you. That's a great shame, but have you seen the back seats. Depending on how tall you are, but the back of my drivers seat touches the seat of the back seat IYSWIM. Adults just don't fit in the back for any length of time :(

You could always get a Supra and a crap car to run everyone around in, otherwise, reluctantly, the Beamer is the only option, What about an Audi RS4, thats got plenty of room and its fcuking quick, bit pricey though :D

It’s a sad day indeed :( . I have a quick read of this forum everyday and have been dreaming of getting a supra for a while, but I guess it’s just not going to work.

I get the train to work every morning and only really use the car at the weekends so can’t really justify getting a second car.

So for 10k what are my best alternatives?

Dude....

Get it anyway, and get a 1000 quid car for when you want 4 adults *grin*

I can get my little one in the back not a problem (with babyseat) and he is three...and he loves it... hates it when I take him out in the bm... what can I say, 3 year old and already a petrol head...great!!!

I also bought the supra with the idea of using the bm 5 series to go to work.... admittedly I've done it twice... mainly because I had not finished building my dash... *grin*

Buy a sup for 9k.. and a shed for 1k *grin* job done

Gav

I really don't know what I'd buy if I had to get a (sensible) 4 seater car. I haven't really done a lot of research in that area as I'm not into 4 door cars and I'm lucky enough to have a wife with one if I need it :)

I suppose Scoobys or Evos would have to be top of the list, but they're just so fcuking ugly :( From the geman camp, the afforementioned M3, Mercs or Audis are never a bad, if somewhat boring, choice. Then again, Pete Betts has got a nice 2JZGTE Lexus, but its probably (a lot) over budget.

Personally, and you've got to realise that where cars are concerned that my advise rarely errs on the side of common sense, I'd buy that '69 440 Road Runner that was for sale in a mag for £6k a few weeks ago, and stick the other £4k towards the running costs. :D