The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Idea For Supra Mini Break (With Date Vote)

Supragal

Which date would you prefer?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which date would you prefer?

• 12th June (weekend of the 10th)
    • 26th June (weekend of the 24th)
    • 18th September (weekend of the 16th)

Calendar sign up here:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=132&day=2005-6-24

With all these suggestions for NUR etc floating around I was thinking, what about a UK trip? Perhaps up to Scotland or something, hook up with the guys up there or something? Stay in B&B's etc. Maybe a gumball type thing i.e pick up people on route.

No hassle with Ferrys, driving on the wrong side, breakdown, insurance etc.

Thoughts?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about Wales? Some fantastic roads and not quite as far as Scotland, with the southern lot being more sociable it might offer a larger catchment area too?

You could tie it in with a trackday at Anglesey and stop in Portmeirion to get photos for the 2006 calander ;)

I think this is a good idea. I wanted to do a Cannonball but a) it's a week away b) it's expensive c) it's too much driving and d) it was organised by that TWAT from Japvillage !

Maybe we need two events then because the trackday tie-in is a terrific idea ! My ony problem is whether I could sneak away, the missus wouldn't normally mind in fact she'd come too, but we now have a wee baby boy to think about :)

Definitely interested though.

A lot of people seem to have a thing about Wales, I love the place :)

The idea of a multiple location thing would be good though, a cannonball tour of the UK for those who want it and a series of regional mini-meets / short stays for the folk who want to stay local or just visit one of the locations.....

Last year I did think about having a 'sleep over' point on the Gumball, but there wasn't enough time. I might look into it this year.

I think Wales is an excellent place to drive, but you have to be prepared for some slow driving as they're in no hurry to get anywhere over there! Also, the lake district meet from last year look fantastic!

Maybe we could plan it so the southern Gumball is on the weekend before you're planned mini break, so the Gumball can in affect be an extension of your mini break for those who want to attend?

This will take some planning. How long were you planning for this mini break?

I don't know where all the Supra's are located, but how about two events at the same time - a North and a South event that meets in the middle at the end.

So you might have one start in Scotland and tour it's way down south and one start in cornwall\devon and work it's way north. Then we all meet up for one big Supra meet. Bring your own portable BBQ and sleeping bag :D

I wasn't exactly "planning" anything yet... just seeing if there was an interest :) Seems to be though.

Not sure about the north meets south in the middle- I think you're missing my point I wanna go to Scotland lol :D

I'll have a think about it when I get back from Hol.

I meant how long (duration of) for the mini break? A few days, a week?

Are you planning on just going to Scotland and leaving the next day or staying up there a few days?

Come on, you can't start a thread like this and have only half the information! :p

Meh. I can do what I like :D

Initially I was thinking of a few days, a tour up to scotland then back. But if people want to stop off various places en route it takes a bit more planning and far more than I'd given it just yet ;)

Could go up the west coast and back down the east kinda thing picking people up/dropping off etc.