The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Geo's Engine Build - The Rebuilding of a Prime

Geo

Well here goes im aiming to build this bad boy up to take a good 800bhp street car. With the Help of Hodge and Close friends im aming for an Epic build, best way to learn is to do it, yourself. The stripping part is the easy bit, the building of it, will take time. Its a full on project, build the engine, then get the car :)

The engine is on a Pallet in the Garage now, some reason i cant get it high enough, to locate onto the stand, so i'll start stripping it on the pallet, to reduce weight, then get on the stand.

Wish me luck Peeps. :)

Engine Spec with Prices -

1x 2JZ-GTE £1900

Engine Spec -

Inline 6 -

Honed

Block Primmed and Painted

New OEM 6x Oil Squirters

Crank Balanced with pistons

New OEM Ring set, and gaps checked

New Clevite Full Race Bearing Kit

ARP Rod Bolts

ARP Main Cap Bolts

New OEM PHR Modded Oil Pump

New OEM water pump

New OEM full Gasket Kit

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Edited by Geo
Embedded pics (see edit history)

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

George,

Shorten the slings and you'll get it on the crane for sure. I took out a civic engine 2 weeks ago and was up at this height to get over the front panel

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d7/monsween/FBA921C7-2B4B-4834-9CD0-7B98B215628E_zpsfjomsmba.jpg

Yeah think thats the boy, its the pin in the arm on 1ton? or half ton?

Interested to see this develop.

Out of interest, what's made you come back to the Supra over getting a GTR?

Its something i can do at home, project, nuts, bolts, build myself, as much as id love a GTR its a new car, parts are expensive, wouldn't be able to do at home, plus i think im just drawn to the supra, i loved my old car, had so much fun in it.

Looking forward to this, will you be building the engine and getting it dyno'd on an engine dyno or fit in a shell first, would be good to see a 2JZ set up on an engine dyno

That i dunno, something i might look into now you have mentioned it. Be interesting to see results for sure :)

Would give us a more definitive answer to the power loss through drivetrain question that causes so much dyno figure questioning, might be worth a call to CW, he is a big fan of engine dyno set ups I think

well since its never been done, im sure i can do it :)

And it'd be arguably the most perfectly mapped Supra on the road when completed.

here's hoping :)

Looking good dude.

Looking forward to what plans you have.

lets see what i can build?? Prob a 2bhp paper weight, thats after i lob it off a cliff, if it pee's me off, :rlol:

This should be good :D

Any parts decided yet? Turbo, intake etc.?

I'm going to need to up my game. Central belt gone wild with you and Tony :D

No parts a yet, i wana get it all Stripped out, then rebuilt so it can take a pasting :) She will be fast though :p

Now the fun begins...

Good luck Geo, I wish I could build an entire engine myself.

No idea if i can do it bud, but im gona try see what happens?