The mkiv Supra Owners Club

i was so happy with my car. then i saw this

dr_jekyll

not everybodys taste bus as a lot of you know I have a fetish for big cats and v8s

http://www.prior-design.de/PD2014/wp-content/uploads/image-1142.jpg

wish I didn't see it, now its all im thinking about instead of my supra

I took the V8 for a test-drive last year and was very disappointed by the experience - no power, not enough sound (then again, I had a single supra), not special enough inside.

looks nice though - however supra looks special in comparison.

Took 11 plate xkr with the 510 bhp out for a test drive . Sheer delight . Loved every aspect of it, Only downside I didn't, pick up Dr Jekyll with me ...... Sorry Craig

Thats the supercharged version - I took out the 420bhp version - that was boring.

Hey Imi , I don't, think you would feel like that if you had a go in the 510 bhp . When I took it out 2 weeks ago I could not find a weakness anywhere , either in/out of the car .

As I said to Dr Jekyll a few days later . The problem I had was when I got back to the dealers after the test drive . I was about to walk into the show room to do some figures when the salesmen went and got the keys to the F-TypeR Coupe that I parked next to after the test drive . Best looking ,best sounding car ever made imo

So now the XKR is out of the picture and I,ll wait for the F-Type Coupe to come down in price a little before buying one , so my Supra ownership goes on for another year or so

I took the V8 for a test-drive last year and was very disappointed by the experience - no power, not enough sound (then again, I had a single supra), not special enough inside.

looks nice though - however supra looks special in comparison.

Same here, friend of mine has the 4.2 V8 and we were pretty much neck and neck when my Supra was NA6! We done several runs and off the mark he was quicker (being an auto too) but then it pulled in through 2nd gear and neck and neck until silly speed where the Supra would pull away slightly. I drove it too, it was VERY comfy! Smooth and like you say very muted so you couldn't "feel" how quick you were going. Agree'd on it sounding muted but that was the market it was designed for. I heard one without silencers and it sounded epic!!

so my Supra ownership goes on for another year or so

thats not necessarily a bad thing :)

BTW: there are a few great alternatives out there depending on what your budget is and what you are looking for.

Some members seem to be going down the 911T route - have you considered that?

thats not necessarily a bad thing :)

BTW: there are a few great alternatives out there depending on what your budget is and what you are looking for.

Some members seem to be going down the 911T route - have you considered that?

Think the last car Craig had was a 996 911, actually thinking about it might have been prior to his XK!