The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Student Loan Supra - 93' N/A import

Max5437

Just thought id start this so I have got some history and track whats been done to the car now its getting some love and attention, i mean everyone knows how uncommon an n/a silver auto is :rlol: :rlol: , comments and insight are always welcome, i'm here to learn :)

History

As far as i'm aware it was imported in 1998, it has some history (that's been lost) running up until its purchase by my mum in 2003. since then it was used regularly as a "family car" if it can be called that, with all its limited service history all kept. but as a child I loved it, much better than the fiestas my mates mums had!

First problem was that the guy we bought it from reversed it into a plinth of wood and creased the door and the edge of the front arch but this never bothered my mum enough to get it fixed :rolleyes:

Second it had facelift headlights but pre-facelift indicators so my dad found a garage to "fix" this, the resulting abomination cut into the bumper shown below is the result.

She then sat for about 18 months in 2011 when my mum got a new car (mostly due to my begging to keep it for me which I'm still amazed to this day worked)

Since i turned 17 and got into cars she has had some attention, polishing ect.. , new speakers and amp but nothing major and still pretty limited use (me being only a passenger :( )

Now 18 and have a decentish job while studying my HND/Degree the spending can begin/continue

Long term goal is to get her to a better condition she left the factory in and just get some experience with a supra while saving for a TT/6 :devil:

Currently the car is with supraloopey getting the door replaced, wing mirrors sprayed, front bumper changed for one without holes :banghead: and a non-cracked oem lip fitted along with facelift indicators

0113eb4069e3412b4f832d2ac1188ff2e695718a07.jpg

01f0a7c77bad6d23c157e1b1251eae80852542564a.jpg

014820b94672cb6e03e9070747985cd1f8e53049d9.jpg

Edited by Max5437 (see edit history)

Cheers :)

She still does haha does get some surprised looks when people pull up and see her driving it though, when I was literately baby she was running about in a modified 200sx that was running around 400bhp with my pram in the boot/back :blink: so spose shes used to it

Yeah its held up well considering its lived outside, but i'm just a tad ocd so every minor flaw i tend to blow out of proportion, there is the trademark bit of rust on the boot lid and the spoiler has oxidised so will need redoing before too long.

Couldn't agree more about the wheels though, if they where any more pitted they'd no long be classed as wheels. Am going to look at some this Saturday though so fingers crossed :eyebrows:

Nice nipples :D

That's a cool wee story, a supra passed down in the family - my oldest lad's 14, I've had supra's since he was 6 and he tortured me to keep the last one for him (since been sold lol). Health to drive, keep us updated with pics of the work done :cool:

Why thank you ;) is it obvious that some work has been done :D

was awaiting a comment like that, incredibly they look so so much worse in person ! so glad they are finally going

Its somewhat rewarding being able to drive a car you have appreciated since a child, iv only been insured for a week on it before but loved every minute except filling it with petrol haha

At least at 14 your son will have a few years for you to get another, then he can badger you to keep that one for him ;)

Will be putting up pictures for certain, will be so nice to have some pictures without the nipples or a dodgy door and wheels

I have another one already, I hope/expect I'll still have it when he turns 17 :)

Yours looks to be in good order, silver might be common but they look good especially with facelift lights imo. Have you seen Ripped Fear's silver one? There's a recent pic in the multimedia section in the 'a pic of your car that looks awesome' thread, perfect example of how good a silver one can look :cool:

Thats fortunate for him :p , I think its great that a car that over 21 years old in design can still be an aspiration for people now, there is something just a bit special about them I think. I found it took about a good month or so of constant badgering to convince my mum to keep it lol the key was persistence, is it a TT ?

Considering its lived outside since we owned it i think its in incredible condition really and the facelift lift lights are most definitely a bonus. I read Ripped Fear's build thread, his engine bay is sublime, well the whole car is really, think his car pretty much sets the bar for silver N/A 's :ok:

Had a nose on your garage, not surprised he wanted you to keep the Ridox it looked great, just the right amount of modification :cool: saying that i do love the gunmetal on a stock body

Thats the thing they are just generally nice, comfortable cars albeit a bit thirsty, at the end of the day if there was an economical version they would be nigh on perfect imo

Got offered a Trax stand pass on friday and by an incredible stroke of luck I took the supra. Got her back from the body shop on Friday night (well my mum had to collect it as i was working late) then Saturday managed to go and buy the new wheels and fit them before work on Saturday night then it was off to Trax at 4am. anyways a picture is worth a thousand words

IMG_7367.jpg

IMG_7358.jpg

IMG_7368.jpg

IMG_7369.jpg

• 2 months later...

Little update, Got new rear shocks and boot rubber fitted, Christ what a differance 4 bits of rubber make, also got a HKS Hi-power Silent the other week.

As it arrived :D

IMG_7537.jpg IMG_7541.jpg

then after a polish

IMG_7542.jpg

Fitting

IMG_7588.jpg

Finished

IMG_7590.jpg

Plans for the winter and to get the driver rear quarter resprayed as its had a scrape for the past 10 years and possibly get both bumpers done aswell, get a sub for the sound system and maybe a new radio, wheels refurbished and new tyres all round, looks like a lot of overtime is going to be needed

• 1 month later...

Cheers mate :thumbs:

To be honest its because I'm on a multicar policy, I learned in a 2.0 celica and it only cost me about £1100 to insure in my first year vs my mates 1.4 corsa which was bout £2,500 for him to insure. its ludicrous the cost for new drivers but all you've got to do is watch the majority of them just drive out of seevic and you can see why, too many idiots at that age! Peugeot 206 and MK6 fiestas are supposed to be pretty good, know a few people with them and the insurance wasn't too bad as far as I'm aware, corsa's are pretty terrible to insure from what i could tell

That's not bad for the insurance, I've been looking at Celica's too but the gen 7 ones. But the price for insurance is about £2,000.+

Anyhow I let you get back on your thread. I don't want to keep it off the topic. Good luck with the restoration and I be keeping a eye out for it :)

Well now iv got 18 months no claims the supra only came in at around £1,200 which at my age is nothing for the car you get, yeah its ridiculous, basically any half decent looking car is impractical to get insured on at 18 unless you go through a parent, then you get the headache about the legality and fronting ect..

Cheers, havent seen yours about for a while, hopefully tucked up for the winter and ill see her more when the weather improves :)

Mine's not really tucked up, it does get used when it needs to be. but in this weather it does sucks the fun out of driving. let's hope I can help my little sister with the car because really don't want a Corsa or a Fiesta.

Her dream car is a S15

I must admit I haven't enjoyed this weather, lack of experience worries me to be frank about it. At least its nice she has good taste in cars, too many women drivers don't! multicar polices are the only way I can think of getting a nice first car without spending a fortune sadly, not in the same league but there are those Toyota starlet 1.3, at least its something different and has potential as a project if that's something she'd be interested in? no idea about insurance though

As a student as well, I am envious of your insurance bill! Nice project you have there, planning on taking it to any meets this year?

I must admit I'm fortunate how cheap the policy is, they wanted about 7K on my own at 18, I'm dreading leaving home and the policy haha, Recently got a new job so hopefully ill be taking it to as many as i can, really fancy Japfest and Trax, need to research some more shows but hopefully be going to some. would like to go bluewater again but I work friday nights at my other job sadly.

I'v been watching your project, interesting to read and like the plans, an a big fan of the rear bumper, don't see to many of those. what about yourself? planning on taking it to many shows/meets? would like to see it in person at some point if you go the Bluewater meets?

Looks like a nice project this mate, tidy example to get started with.

Cheers mate, the long term plan is to keep her as a clean unmolested example with a few creature comforts/mods and get a TT6 eventually aswell, hopefully within the next 3 years by the time i finish my degree :)

I must admit I'm fortunate how cheap the policy is, they wanted about 7K on my own at 18, I'm dreading leaving home and the policy haha, Recently got a new job so hopefully ill be taking it to as many as i can, really fancy Japfest and Trax, need to research some more shows but hopefully be going to some. would like to go bluewater again but I work friday nights at my other job sadly.

I'v been watching your project, interesting to read and like the plans, an a big fan of the rear bumper, don't see to many of those. what about yourself? planning on taking it to many shows/meets? would like to see it in person at some point if you go the Bluewater meets?

Planning on doing the usual bluewater meets when I can, must of missed you at the previous ones I've been at. Also planning on doing as many events as I can throughout the year, get my monies worth out the car and enjoy some drives :)

Planning on doing the usual bluewater meets when I can, must of missed you at the previous ones I've been at. Also planning on doing as many events as I can throughout the year, get my monies worth out the car and enjoy some drives :)

Iv only been to one and that was at the beginning of last year, since then iv worked every Friday :( , might try and book February off, would like to meet some other members properly and finally take the supra to a meet. Sounds exactly like what i wanna do, just enjoy the car as much as possible. would really like to do some supra days out and that :thumbs:

Looks like a good project being approached properly. Good luck with it :)

Thank you, gradually learning :thumbs:

Looks like a good project being approached properly. Good luck with it :)

Got to agree with Gaz here, well done on being smart and reading up on things. Sounds like you've been studying the forum too!!

You must be the envy of your friends! Though remember hard work pays off in the end and it's great to see you are pursing your studies, working hard & enjoying yourself at an age where some are squandering money off parents and not putting much effort into studies or life in that matter, so well done.

I sometimes go to the Bluewater meets so hopefully we will bump into each other. :)