The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lower ball joint - Gutted

Scarface GTti

P`d off. Cars been off the road nearly six weeks because i couldn`t afford the tax and MOT. Get the money together for it and had an MOT today and it was all good apart from the passenger lower ball joint. Been quoted £221 + VAT. Can`t believe it! Going on holiday to Brighton on Monday and was going to take the Supra so i`m a bit miffed now. It`s only ever been to Lincoln and back which is 30 miles each way, so i was looking forward to give it a good run. It had a long run once back from Chris Wilsons but i got a puncture about two miles from his house and it wrote the tyre off so i had to drive home at 40mph on the space saver. My mates call me Lucky Dave! ;)

It's always the way mate, one thing after another :(

Was £221 + vat parts and labour?

I'm not trying to be funny, but if you really can't afford the tax and MoT (which is the same on every car) are you sure that running a Supra is such a good idea. WTF are you going to do if something really goes wrong with it? What about insurance? Supras can be a real money pit.

FFS I spent 1/2 of the tax and MoT costs just filling the tank today, that'll get me about 250 miles :cry:

I do the labour, that`s just parts. I definately don`t belong in Supra circles but when you want something so much you find a way. I can only afford to run it at weekends but the smile stays on my face all week. I`m one of those people that are lucky to be alive and realise that no one lasts forever so i decided that if i was ever going to have my dream car i had to get straight down to the bank and be a suckarse with my bank manager. But when i get in this car and drive i couldn`t care less if i can afford it or not, i`m too busy smiling.

Many thanks to Mr.Credit-Card, fitted my new wishbone yesterday and had the car re-mot`d. She`s taxed, fuelled and oiled up and i`ve spent all morning giving her a good polish and now ready to have a good run down to Brighton in the morning. Ace!

Incidentally another advantage of having a J-Spec is that once i`d initially cracked all the nuts and bolts off they all came off using my fingers. There doesn`t appear to be any rusty nuts and bolts underneath which is great news if i ever need to take anything else off.