The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Battery issue

Paul372

How long should you be able to leave the supra for before the battery goes dead, I've full charged the battery but after about 3 days of not using the supra the battery is dead, it holds a charge but I think one of the cells have gone dead, so I've now treated it to a new Bosch battery, but I just wanted to know a rough length of time you should be able to leave the supra for unused before the battery goes dead

Mines the same, something is draining the battery or it's had its day! (Less than 12months old though) It was fine all week didn't drive it Friday or Saturday, come Sunday It almost didn't start, same this morning and afternoon but when I test the battery all is fine? I did notice I needed to scratch the positive terminal on the battery to get a reading..?

How much did you Bosch one cost? I'd like to replace mine.

£64 with a 4 year guarantee Bosch s4 60Ah and 540cca,

Where?

Here :-)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Supra-3-0i-BiTurbo-1993-2002-Bosch-Battery-S4026-/281411683147?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AToyota%7CModel%3ASupra%7CCars+Year%3A1999%7CPlat_Gen%3AJZA80%7CCars+Type%3A3.0i+BiTurbo&hash=item418571834b

Bosch S4 S4026 Battery

Length :261mm

Width : 175mm

Height :220mm

Capacity : 70 Ah 630CCA

Frankly I do not remember all this battery stuff - so not idea what 60 Ah and 70 Ah means or which is better?

Edited by Dragonball (see edit history)

I normally use mine at least once a week and that seems to be fine with no starting issues. I have a Clifford alarm system.

The longest I have left it is roughly 3 weeks and again it started fine then. Like H says I'd imagine a month is pushing it with an alarm, though at the very least it should last 2 weeks.