The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK Spec BPU Twin Turbo (TT) Auto Supra (1994)

marbleapple

Good afternoon all,

It is time to put my car up for sale.

Intro:

The car has been a club car for a long, long time and this is the main reason that I purchased it. Guigsy purchased the car in 2007 from ~Rob~. As you would expect from a club car, it has wanted for nothing and has a huge amount of document history to go with it.

The engine still pulls strong as do the turbos. There is nothing wrong with her mechanically as far as I am aware. She is in superb nick. I have taken her to a few shows since I have purchased her and I have always been proud to drive her.

I appreciate the fact that I’m a little sad for referring to a car as a ‘her’ but I can’t help it so please accept my apologies!!

Reason for selling:

I have owned her for a year now having bought her from Guigsy at the back end of last year. I have loved owning the car but I believe that it is now time to move on.

Over the last year I have had some unexpected but very positive developments in my work life which has meant that whilst I now have a much more senior role I also have the responsibilities that come with it. I no longer have the free time to drive and enjoy the car as I should. She has been driven regularly but I have often found myself (after 12 hours of work) wanting something more refined and sedate and for this reason I have just placed an order for a new X3 BMW. The wife and I can’t afford to have 3 cars and she won’t drive the Supra.

Summary:

Make: Toyota

Model: UK Spec TT Auto Supra (1994)

Mileage: 165k. See comment in ‘Maintenance’ below.

Tax remaining: Due November but may put 6 months on pending developments.

MOT remaining: 1 year. New MOT placed last weekend. Passed first time.

Service history: A huge amount

Car's location: Leeds.

Modifications: BPU. Alloy wheels etc.

Price: £6,500

Main Advert:

Small Disclaimer: It is no secret that I am not mechanically minded. For this reason I have copied and pasted a large amount of the original advert that Guigsy wrote a year ago. I have amended it where things have changed but I would politely ask people to pm me for clarification if they spot anything that looks incorrect. Any errors will be likely due to my lack of understanding.

Engine:

Iridium IK22 Plugs

Alloy Oil Catch Can

Stock Radiator (2 years ago)

Stock UK spec Twins (Boost @ 1.2 Bar), original turbos

Chris Wilson Panel Filter

GReddy 3 Row FMIC

Blitz Nur Spec Exhaust

Rod Millen Double Decat

Fluidyne Transmission Cooler

Suspension, Wheels, Tires & Brakes etc:

18 inch Rondell #73 Wheels - Toyo Proxes T1-R 235 fronts and 255 rears

The wheels were refurbed by Ibrar Jabbar/Speedwells a few years ago in shadow chrome paint. The wheels could do with refurbishing again.

These are very rare wheels in perfect supra fitment. I have never seen them on another supra, the manufacturer is out of business and nobody makes replicas. 2 spare rear wheels will be included with the sale, never used and come without tyres. The spare wheels are in the original silver, not chrome.

DBA 5000 2 Piece Slotted discs (front)

Porterfield R4S

DBA 4000 Slotted discs (rear)

Porterfield R4S

Goodridge brake lines all round

HSD Coilovers

Aligned prior to my purchase by Northampton motorsport for fast road.

I have had the discs / pads checked recently and I understand that they are in superb condition with tons of life. I understand from members on here that they aren’t cheap to purchase and it just highlights the love this car has had.

Electrics:

Defi Boost gauge and Defi EGT gauge with Control box in the glove box.

AFR gauge

Blitz Dual SBC Boost Controller Spec-R

Thor TRL FCD

Clifford Concept 650 (CAT 1) with remote start and turbo timer etc

I have had the internal battery in the alarm replaced recently.

Cosmetic and interior:

Genuine OEM Toyota skirts and spats (plastic, not fibreglass replicas).

Facelift front indicators.

Clear side repeaters.

Glass headlights.

Rear wiper & washer jet removed.

Lexus "fan" style front washer jets.

Refurbished front and rear brake calipers.

Full re-spray in original colour (Storm blue) at the end of 06 (insurance job - panels keyed)

UK spec cream carpet.

Recaro bucket seats.(retrimmed by Gibson Trimming 4 years ago) on genuine Toyota rails.

Pioneer AVH-X3600DAB double dinn radio (which cost me £400). Works with Iphone 5’s via cable and/or bluetooth. Also has DAB radio.

Upgraded Sony 6x9’s in front and rear fitted in the front via SRD speaker pods.

Carbon dipped dash panels prepared by Wicked Coatings.

Maintenance:

The car does have higher mileage than a number of other cars but I personally would prefer a car with high mileage and a superb history than a low mileage car with zero history. When looking to buy a Supra I knew that I couldn’t afford to buy a lame duck because I knew that if something went wrong I simply wouldn’t know what to do to fix it. I thus searched high and low for the best car for me. Having since seen what has happened to other cars I discounted with lower mileage in order to buy this one, I feel pretty smug.

There is a huge number of receipts and documentation that will be provided with the car proving how well the car has been maintained.

The valve stem seals were done about 24,000 mile ago so there is no blue smoke on start up.

Immediately prior to my purchase the brake and fuel lines were replaced by a garage at the request of Guigsy and one of the sill’s was welded. Pics of the work : (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151643647114259.1073741857.105250384258&type=3)

I have also had the car in the garage on a couple of occasions to fix a minor oil leak which I believe now resolved by Marc_P when he kindly replaced the Cam Cover gasket for me last year.

I have included a picture below of the service information I hold for this car, including diaries from the previous owner.

Negative bits:

Every car has them and mine is no exception. It is over 20 years old and has been driven so the paintwork isn’t flawless. In particular, the lacquer is lifting a little on the left hand side of the spoiler and the paint is a little thicker at that point too because it used to be protected by a Do Luck spoiler rather than the stock one I put on when I purchased it. Having seen the car, a local member who does mobile paintwork repair has agreed to fix it and any other cosmetic blemishes he finds for £90. I haven’t gotten around to it and with work commitments likely won’t although I’ll pass his details on to anyone who is interested.

The air conditioning control in the centre console dash panel has stopped lighting up last week. Won’t be anything serious, either a blown fuse post MOT or a loose connection. I’ll likely fix this at some point this week.

If I were buying this car tomorrow, I would like to have the alloy wheels refurbished (or replaced with some XXR alloys that JamieP put on the Black Duck). There is nothing to my knowledge that needs doing urgently to the car.

Performance:

Figures taken from the sale add when I purchased the car. Figures are at least 5 years old:

@ 1.2bar

383.7 BHP at the flywheel

303.3 BHP at the wheels

379.4 ft/lb (514.5 Nm) Torque

Drag time - Suprapod 09 - I think I have beaten this since but will have to check my time slips.

60ft - 2.2821

330ft - 6.1542

1/8 ET - 9.1663

1/8 MPH - 83.8

1000' ET - 11.6345

1/4 ET - 13.8577

1/4 MPH - 105.19

Thunder road - 28 March 2010

163.5 mph over 1 mile

12.7 sec 1/4 mile on an unprepped track

Other:

The car comes with a number of other spare bits that I have laying around including:

• The cats

• A set of UK spec rear lights which I put on the car at MOT time. The left light is slightly spidered. The car has Jap Spec rears on at the moment as this is my preference. I like having the two red lights next to one another which is something you don’t get on UK spec lights.

• Cam cover

• Various dash panels, nuts and bolts.

If you are wanting to come to view the car then you are more than welcome to do so but it would need to be on an evening or weekend. Anyone that wants to test drive it will need to have their own day insurance as due to my employment I can’t advocate driving without it!

Please PM for contact details.

Thanks

Richard

good luck mate. id buy it back in an instant. starting to miss my auto box.

Thanks Guigsy. You looked after it well. It will be a shame to see it go if and when it does.

Have you got the white one on the road yet?

lovely car Ric

Brand new X3? you will be disappointed...

cya back here soon :p

Ha!

Its a brand new one yes. 2.0D M Sport with flappy paddles, panoramic sun roof, larger wheels, xeon lights etc etc... not exactly a super car like the Supra but it shall get me from train station and back in relative comfort!

Intention is to perhaps get a Supra again in due course but have it as a weekend motor that I can tinker with and actually enjoy. I'm just in the process of also buying another house though so it might have to wait a little bit!

Sendt u a pm hurry upp ;)

Replied :)

Thanks Guigsy. You looked after it well. It will be a shame to see it go if and when it does.

Have you got the white one on the road yet?

Yes. Sort of. It was on the road untill dragonball but I somehow managed to cook the clutch on the last day. And since it got worse and worse. So now it's sat on the drive with a flat battery and a clutch with hardly any bite point which slips like hell. Need to get my ass in gear and sort it out.

Sold :(

Bjornal flew over from Norway, travelled up to Leeds by train (200+ miles) and set off to Amsterdam at 8pm last night with help from my loaned sat nav!

Absolutely lovely bloke and a credit to the club.

This will tbe the 3rd Supra he owns (1 for the track only) and I understand he has big plans to combine my old car and his Jspec to make a superb car. I hope you post pictures of the changes Bjornal!

Was rather sad to drive off and leave the car behind. Wife was rather sad too because I think she quite fancy been left behnd with the 6 foot blonde Norwegian! :D

One thing I do wish to flag is his honesty...... He paid me the money, I let the wife count it and when I got home I realised that Clare had miscounted and I was £100 down. I text Bjornal to ask if he was up £100, he has checked and just sent me the money by paypal. You can't get more honest than that.

• 1 year later...

Hi

I bought this car from B and have taken well care of her:-)

here is a picture:-)

She has gotten a new engine with 120k km, given a manual transmission (V160) a set of speed4sale hybrid tt kit (usdm 600+), new 19" Japan Racing JR-11 hyper black

and a genuine Do luck front bumper. She will be mapped to around 500bhp and given a set of oem black leather front seats:)

- - - Updated - - -

Hi

I bought this car from B and have taken well care of her:-)

here is a picture:-)

She has gotten a new engine with 120k km, given a manual transmission (V160) a set of speed4sale hybrid tt kit (usdm 600+), new 19" Japan Racing JR-11 hyper black

and a genuine Do luck front bumper. She will be mapped to around 500bhp and given a set of oem black leather front seats:)

It looks great. I do miss that car. Happy memories.

If I had my time again with her I'd have kept her stock and just swapped the wheels for stock wheels rather than the alloys Guigsy put on.

Wow. Glad it's still out there. I looked up the Reg number last week and it wold me it hadn't been taxed for ages so I assumed it was crashed.

Guigsy kindly sat with me when I 1st bought the car and showed me both how an auto box worked (never driven an auto before) and what happens when both turbos kick in. He has balls of steel. I'm not surprised he thought id crashed it!!!

I'll get another one eventually.

I've now sold 13 Supras to B... He bought 12 Matchbox ones off me on eBay last week.

She will be getting a stock bumper again, but the uk-spec dildoes kinda ruins the front.. B had to return it completely stock, only way to get it registered in Norway, and it will look stock apart from wheels. no gauges or anything. the hybrids look stock aswell:-) this is my 4th Supra, everytime ive sold one I feel sick..;-)

Haha! yes B is a SUPRAMAN. maybe I'll have to buy one more from him then;-) if he's selling them on:-)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.