The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Will Uk gkass headlights fit on j-spec

royh

Thread hi jack, Are facelift headlights a straight swap into a pre facelift?

No.

Pre facelift sidelights are in the headlight, facelift sidelights are in the indicators. I think the wiring needs extending, but it should be well documented on here.

I understand that, but they fit and seal just fine. I've never swapped over to 9006 and I've never had an issue :)

I never knew that, I just went on what the bulb spec thread said and went with that. If it works like that then that's ideal as you already have everything you need OP.

I never knew that, I just went on what the bulb spec thread said and went with that. If it works like that then that's ideal as you already have everything you need OP.

Indeed, can't go the other way though, as the neck of the 9006s is a bit thicker.

I understand that, but they fit and seal just fine. I've never swapped over to 9006 and I've never had an issue :)

The j-spec bulbs will fit in the UK headlights but the holes for the low beam bulbs in the headlights are a wider diameter on the UK headlights, they probably will be okay but if there are any problems with condensation that may be reason.

Thread hi jack, Are facelift headlights a straight swap into a pre facelift?

The facelift headlights are a straight swap on a pre-facelift Supra - fitment and bulbs are the same - however as said you'll also need to fit facelift indicators/sidelights which aren't a straight swap as the wiring harnesses needs some modifying, see here: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?31633-How-To-Fit-facelift-front-indicators

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

The facelift headlights are a straight swap on a pre-facelift Supra - fitment and bulbs are the same - however as said you'll also need to fit facelift indicators/sidelights which aren't a straight swap as the wiring harnesses needs some modifying, see here: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?31633-How-To-Fit-facelift-front-indicators

We already have facelift indicators/sidelights :)