The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Yet more mkv rumours

lust2luv

I love it!

Really bold styling and some neat touches, the only design mistake I think they have made is the same as the one on the MKIV Supra - the headlamps are too close together and cause the car to look narrow at the front, they need to be further apart to give a more menacing look IMO.

I love it ....from the side....from the backs ok...but the front WTF it looks fookin stupid....what on earth were they thinking of...interior dashboard layout looks quite cool...bit merc SLR but thats the way styling has gone I suppose it will grow on us I'm sure.

I quite like the Zonda Style Exhaust...I'd have to buy a body kit for the front though coz it looks bit too Lexus rather than Supra....wish they would Just bring out a fookin TOYOTA Supra and be done with it...we are not interest in class climbing (feel good) glamour....we just want 'raw' classless fun thats what the Supras about....where are the fookin marketing people at Toyota FFS can they not see us!!!!!!!

I can't open any of the pages - must be my work firewalls or something.

A friend of mine had a similar problem so I 'borrowed' and uploaded the pics as a thread here - he seems to be able to see that OK.

I did a bit of a Photoshop of the front for my own amusement, moved the lights out and made the vents bigger - sadly I lost it when my machine froze up but it didn't take much to improve that angle.

Rest of it gets the thumbs though :thumbs:

(Your website not working for me at the moment mcanny, getting script timed out errors)

Those latest pictures made me think even more so than ever that this is in fact front engined. That thing looking like a viscous fan through the rear mesh is a bit puzzling though. The article also suggests it will be a V8 which I've always though is much more likely than a V10. In much the same tradition as with the Supra I expect we may see a 4.7 litre version of the Lexus 4.3 V8 (as with the 1JZ to 2JZ transition). And as with the 2JZ the V8 could also be used in several Lexus/Toyota cars. I do hope this will be released as the next Supra, or a Toyota at least.

(Your website not working for me at the moment mcanny, getting script timed out errors).

The forum probably went into shock - it's not used to visitors :)

Seems to be working again now but don't rush there if you've already looked at the pics linked above, I only have a couple of extra ones stolen from Supraforums :)

Thorin the 2UZ is already a 4.7L version of the V8....it's fitted to the Tundra. It's therefore not cutting edge enough. Whatever else the new "Supra" will be cutting edge...cause lets face it when they fitted the ETCS-i to the latter MKIV's it was pretty much the only car in production with Fly-By-Wire....

the LF-A looks great but if produced i'me sure it wont be a super car for the masses as the supra was, it took 8 years for the supra to depriciate to 10k so i could afford one, i'me sure for the majority on this board the LF-A will be as remote as a ferrari or lambo, 500 bhp cars dont come cheap :(

THIS makes interesting reading if he is for real

Sounds like BS - he's hedging his bets massively and changing his story as news becomes available.

The above news articles seem to think the Lexus will have its engine in the back, could that be what that fans for? Never seen anything like it.

:looney:

PMSL

There is going to be another Supra released in 2006.....hang on its been pushed back...2007....but ....eh .....no its not going to be called a Supra now.....oh ....it might be a Lexus........but no hang on I'm getting more information coming through from my Crystal ball......its now going to have four doors.....and its name.....ITs NAME...is IS...........

..................The Corolla.......oh shit nev mind.

:tongue:

Sounds like BS - he's hedging his bets massively and changing his story as news becomes available.

The above news articles seem to think the Lexus will have its engine in the back, could that be what that fans for? Never seen anything like it.

:looney:

Apparently not. If you read the magazine article in one of the links you'll find this:

"Even experienced eyes have been stumped by spy photos that show insufficient air intakes or cooling ducts necessary for a 500hp engine. The absence of these items seems to indicate a rear-engine placement, but in fact, the engine is in the front, and the radiators are in the rear fenders, just below the tacked on taillights. Camouflage attempts to hide these ducts."

That explains the fans. Might this have some sort of beneficial aerodynamic effect if they duct air from the side scoops in front of the rear wheels, through the radiators and exiting at the back of the car? Would it help to try to push air into the low pressure area at the back of a moving car? I don't know enough about aerodynamics to say, especially when it comes to how a body in motion disturbs the air behind it and the effect it has on overall drag. It would make it a nice warm spot to stand beside on a cold winters day though!!!

Innovative in the car world I guess. Kind of a back to front rendering of stuff like the Porsche Boxster which has its' radiators behind the front bumper, cooling the engine in the back.

In the motorcycle world, Bennelli tried this when they brought out the Tornado. It had the radiator under the seat with 2 fans mounted in the tail unit. Looked great and allowed them to reduce the amount of drag at the front by having a smaller frontal area to the bike.

Yeah that guy sounds like he's talking BS, for a start I thought the Celica was only being discontinued in the US?

I'd also take whatever "Fyrarms" on Supraforums says despite supposedly being in the know. It will be interesting to flame him if what he announced as fact turns out to be aload of coblers anyway :D