The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Replacing oil pressure sensor on TT

Tommyd16

Guest FullAttack

It's probs easier to take the ps pump carrier off completely.. So it's a handful of 14mm bolts.. One on back of pump, one onto block at bottom left front, and one on the aircon pump, and one a bit lower against the oil pump.

Try not to undo the 2 through the middle of the pulley, these clamp the 2 halves of the pump together, if you undo them it can release pressure off the gasket and compromise the seal..

It's probs easier to take the ps pump carrier off completely.. So it's a handful of 14mm bolts.. One on back of pump, one onto block at bottom left front, and one on the aircon pump, and one a bit lower against the oil pump.

Try not to undo the 2 through the middle of the pulley, these clamp the 2 halves of the pump together, if you undo them it can release pressure off the gasket and compromise the seal..

That is totally incorrect, sorry, the PAS pump mounting bolts have no effect whatsover on how the pump sections seal to one another. remove as you se fit, it won't cause or promote a leak.

Guest FullAttack
That is totally incorrect, sorry, the PAS pump mounting bolts have no effect whatsover on how the pump sections seal to one another. remove as you se fit, it won't cause or promote a leak.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Iv had a couple that have started to seep from the copper gasket after disturbing those 2 bolts. They are usually haggered old pumps on driftcars though so work harder than the average pump;)

I did mine by removing the aircon compressor and didn't touch the power steering.....just as a bit of additional info in case your leaking switch is an original 27mm one.

"I had to change mine not too long back. Best thing to do is to get stuck in. When I changed mine, I found that Toyota had altered the design of the new switch and you need a smaller socket for the new one (24mm), had to go out and buy another long reach socket (27mm)."

• 2 weeks later...