The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rota alloys

coza

Tonnes of people have them on here, i don't think they are that bad.

I also had them on my last supra, seemed OK.

Usually all the sizes in those widths will only come in offsets which requires the rear arches rolling or they scrub, something to keep in mind.

Tonnes of people have them on here, i don't think they are that bad.

I also had them on my last supra, seemed OK.

Usually all the sizes in those widths will only come in offsets which requires the rear arches rolling or they scrub, something to keep in mind.

what you doing with your axis milanos ric?

I have rotas on the rex and they are fine... By no means the quality of the volks I had on the Supe but you have to consider the whole set cost about £850 brand new, where the volks were about £700 per wheel once you'd paid shipping and taxes!!!

Only grumble with the rotas is they take a fair few weights on them to balance properly

I have rotas on the rex and they are fine... By no means the quality of the volks I had on the Supe but you have to consider the whole set cost about £850 brand new, where the volks were about £700 per wheel once you'd paid shipping and taxes!!!

Only grumble with the rotas is they take a fair few weights on them to balance properly

Doesn't sound like they have been cast very well if that's the case, have you had them

spun up on a balancing machine before the tyres get fitted.

Doesn't sound like they have been cast very well if that's the case, have you had them

spun up on a balancing machine before the tyres get fitted.

I just took them to the shop with the tyres and they came back fitted and balanced... I'm not saying they're peppered with weights, just seem all the rotas I've seen at shows have more than what the more expensive wheels have.

Generally, if you google 'Rota problems' you'll see one of about five photos. For day to day driving with potholes etc. on the road, I'd be far happier with a set of Rotas on the car then some expensive Volks which are bound to get damaged (and make me cry a bit :()

Can't say I noticed any difference in 'feel' between my old Advans and my new Rotas. Then again, I'm not a brand snob ;)

Generally, if you google 'Rota problems' you'll see one of about five photos. For day to day driving with potholes etc. on the road, I'd be far happier with a set of Rotas on the car then some expensive Volks which are bound to get damaged (and make me cry a bit :()

Can't say I noticed any difference in 'feel' between my old Advans and my new Rotas. Then again, I'm not a brand snob ;)[/QUOTE]

Its got nothing to do with brand snobbery, if Rotas these days are fine then no problem.

You wont notice/feel any difference until they fail !

Sorry for the hijack but I'm also looking at getting some brand new Rota GTR's for my J-Spec Supra from Whifbitz (http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/toyota/supra/wheels/rota-force-drift-10-5x18-3555-3744.html)

They claim to be a direct fit. Is this true? Will I not need to roll my arches to fit them? Gonna run standard 235/40 front and 265/35 rear (bought directly from Whifbitz) as not too fussed about tyre quality 😛

Been running Rotas on mine for probably 4 years now. Only issues are the fronts had stretched tyres fitted so I have curbed them a couple of times and the polished finish rims only lasted about 12 months before the dreaded snaking affect started to happen under the laquer so they were re sprayed. I for don't go racing or drifting but the pot holes down this end of the country are immense and there are no signs of cracking or fatigue. Mine are only 17s but fit over the larger brake caliper with ease.

Horses for courses but they are ok for me

Sorry for the hijack but I'm also looking at getting some brand new Rota GTR's for my J-Spec Supra from Whifbitz (http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/toyota/supra/wheels/rota-force-drift-10-5x18-3555-3744.html)

They claim to be a direct fit. Is this true? Will I not need to roll my arches to fit them? Gonna run standard 235/40 front and 265/35 rear (bought directly from Whifbitz) as not too fussed about tyre quality 😛

I've got that size on mine image

Had to modify the rear arches a little but fronts fitted no problem had my Rotas for 7 years now and done about 60,000 miles on them can't fault them at all

I've got that size on mine http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t673/pauljza80/IMAG1483_zpstw94goxt.jpg

Had to modify the rear arches a little but fronts fitted no problem had my Rotas for 7 years now and done about 60,000 miles on them can't fault them at all

Looks sweet! What colour do you reckon would suit a white Supra best? Was thinking the flat black with the red lip, knowing that if I ever change my mind I can just respray them. Do love the gunmetal grey too...

- - - Updated - - -

They claim to be a direct fit. Is this true? Will I not need to roll my arches to fit them? Gonna run standard 235/40 front and 265/35 rear (bought directly from Whifbitz) as not too fussed about tyre quality

:Popcorn:

Rota's are fine. SteveL ran Boost Drift on his race car when doing Eurosaloon race series with slicks and had NO issues. I had his spare set on my Sup when he stopped racing and there were no issues with road use either. Think they were 9.5 front and 10.5 rear and had to get the rear arches rolled for 285 tyres. Mike (MSW) on here also used Rota Grid when he did Time Attack with no issues.

Hope that helps. You will be fine. Just don't get them powder coated at any time as the heat used to bond the coating can weaken the wheels.